8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Ebay Offer goings On.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ebay Offer goings On.
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 03, 2018 05:40 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone else having a right going on with ebay altering your things to accept offers even after you`ve set them just to a fixed price.

I followed the goings on to set a 16mm trailer I was selling, and everytime I looked it was still just a fixed price.

Low and behold I get a low offer, and the add is now accepting offers. Ebay themselves have put in a price OK offer wise too !!!

I cetainly did`nt.

I`d not revised it since all set just fixed etc.

Opting in to offers on a sale was one thing but now you have to faff about to opt out and it still then seems to come back on.

Rant and Rumble on etc.

It now won`t let me reset it just buy it now until I`ve responded to the buyer, but I already have etc !!!

Best Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Daniel Macarone
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2018 08:18 PM      Profile for Daniel Macarone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is true for ebay's US site, too. So unfair and frustrating. It goes to show how much easier it is to be a buyer than a seller on ebay.

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2018 03:22 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had the same thing happen last year. I put some items up with a BIN price, and received Best Offers. My listing were UK only, and the buyer was in Australia, then I had to re-adjust postage. Later I found myself signed up for the Global Shipping Programme without my knowledge.

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2018 03:44 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only automatically applied Ebay change to my listings recently was when they added a default 'Click And Collect At Argos' option to my postage settings.

It is probably a good thing for anyone at work during the day to be able to pick up a small package later from their local Argos but in my case the parcel was nearly 30kg in weight!

It took ages to find the way to switch it off but this has now been successfully done and not seen since.

Kevin

Kev Morrison
Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2018 11:53 AM      Profile for Kev Morrison   Email Kev Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

I either need another cup of coffee, or a nap.....

I'm not completely sure that I understood the eBay issue you've experienced.

Are you saying that eBay is changing the conditions of your auction???? I've never experienced this problem in the U.S. Evil-bay.

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2018 12:07 AM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have to go in and uncheck offers now. Very annoying. I fixed it by putting a buy it now.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 05, 2018 02:16 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kev, it being set with just a buy it now, bit off a faff, but it changing itself after sitting there as wanted somehow to then include offers.

With ebay putting thier own offer acceptable amount in.

Also every single time I do revise anything now, all on the same computer I have to put in a code sent to my phone to do it.

Best Mark.

Kev Morrison
Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2018 10:41 AM      Profile for Kev Morrison   Email Kev Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

Wow. I now understand.

I'd didn't think even Evil-bay would pull a stunt like that.

I've never had that happen to one of my auctions over here in the States, but, eBay is not doing all that well, so I wouldn't put it past them.

The moment they pull that stunt, I'll file a complaint with my state's Attorney General's office - eBay will NOT like what happens next.....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 05, 2018 11:43 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Larry's right. It is quite irritating and you really have to be more careful when you sell these days, as ebay is only interested in getting as much cash for themselves, right now, as possible and are not really concered as to whether the seller makes a pennt, period!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 06, 2018 05:44 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am trying to list some bits just buy it now.

Its been altering it and putting in its own start bids after I`ve lsited it as I wanted etc.

One it now won`t let me reset it just buy it now without an opening bid 40% lower than the buy it now etc etc even though I want just a buy it now..

Ive also got no fees to list set up but its charging 50p each.

It also won`t let me list them there and then, it has to be scheduled. So I set it for half an hour later but it said it can`t do that as in the past. Its gone bonkers.

Its driving me nuts.

Groan grumble, it used to be so easy.

Best Mark.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 07, 2018 02:56 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More odd goings on today.

I got an email this morning saying the buy it now item with the opening bid was sold.

But theres no record of the sale or auction now anywhere in my ebay.

The money is not in my paypal.

I can`t send an invoice as it says its paid.

I managed to get on to the auction page and contact the buyer.

It has a look at paypal reciept, followed it, nothing there.

Best Mark.

I`ve now realised why no money, it set my old now defunct and not on ebay email in the paypal payment part itself !!!!

You could just see that email when you listed before you can`t now.

Still not worked out as why now not in my ebay at all.

I`ve just checked my paypal settings and low and behold there is my new email, and only that.

Spoken to a very nice ebay lady in Australia, and she had never seen one go as wrong as that. She had no idea why or what was going on with it.

Now cancelelled the sale and sported it ex ebay.

See what happens with the other 2, now all set right anc checked etc.

Best Mark.

[ October 07, 2018, 04:09 AM: Message edited by: Mark Todd ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC