8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Manual for Bell & Howell 483Z Autoload Projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Manual for Bell & Howell 483Z Autoload Projector
John A Reid
Junior

- posted October 05, 2018 05:25 PM      Profile for John A Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone identify a possible source for this Manual???

(I just purchased the Super 8 Projector on eBay and don't want to screw up!)

John

--------------------
JAR

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 05, 2018 06:27 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John...Most of this style B&H projectors operated very similarly. If you can't locate a manual for this exact model... Check out the manuals for similar projectors in the 8mm projector manual section of this site.

http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/index.php?category=2

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

John A Reid
Junior

- posted October 06, 2018 01:08 PM      Profile for John A Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice: Thanks for response. My lightly used 483Z (eBay) arrived today. Runs film fine but seems very noisy possibly from fans/belt drive or whatever - may be bearings or lube dried out.

I extracted Service Manual for B&H 459 (from your Link) and am trying to access internals without breaking film guides etc.

Most items seem to be mounted on single front plate. I removed the six screws from that plate, but there still seems to be something stopping full removal of plate to access fan and motor area? I reckon I need to persist so I can clean up gears and check fan drive etc

Any clues?

Cheers,

John

--------------------
JAR

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 06, 2018 02:06 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John...On some models there a couple screws on the bottom of the projector that also have to be removed to remove the back cover. Take a look at this video that shows how to remove the back cover and see if it helps with your model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EZnnVt7JsU

If you get access to the fan and motor...just a few drops of oil and letting it run for awhile might quiet it down. Also clean up any hardened grease on the gears helps and replace grease with some SuperLube.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC