8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » B&H 10MS Projector feeding problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: B&H 10MS Projector feeding problem
Glenn E Oliveira
Junior

- posted October 14, 2018 03:28 PM      Profile for Glenn E Oliveira   Email Glenn E Oliveira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought an unused Bell & Howell 10MS Projector that has problems crimping the leader to some film reels. It feeds OK about 30% of the time. Other times it will crimp the leader before it makes it to the take up reel. I've been keeping the front cover off in order to see the feeder flow. The projector didn't have the film trimmer, so I haven't done any trimming. Would that cause these problems? The instructions do say "The end of the leader must be trimmed before use for the first time". The film leader of the "failed" film looks Ok (not crimped or damaged) before I feed it into the projector. This is the after result.
 -
Where can I buy a trimmer? Once the leader is crimped, do I need to replace it? I do have a film which I ran through several times without and leader problems.

Thanks for your assistance.

--------------------
GlennO2ski

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 14, 2018 05:25 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes the end of the film has to be trimmed for it to feed properly into the gate without getting jammed. You can use scissors to cut a half moon shape on the end of the film. You can also use nail clippers which make a rounded edge.

-

You can try and straighten out the kinks in the leader...but you should replace for best results.

[ October 15, 2018, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC