8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea by the beach

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CineSea by the beach
Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 21, 2018 08:50 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My thanks to the wonderful group that assembled to enjoy and share motion picture screenings and discussion - Special mention technician par excellance, Doug Meltzer for bringing it all together - To the memory of John Black , I thank one and all - Shorty

|  IP: Logged

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2018 09:00 AM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was great to see you, too, but your dream of power is over. You didn't realize Doug's blood type doesn't the same type as Dr Kettering's...

--------------------
"the image is about 30 feet ahead of us."

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 21, 2018 10:49 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice Ghost of Frankenstein reference!

Shorty, I appreciate the kind words, and we absolutely must include and thank Lou Franchetti. Since we decided to carry on in memory of John Black, Lou has taken on the responsibility of planning and making sure these shows continue. Not only that, but he and his son Louis bring more film to the tables than anyone!

While we're on the subject, there are so many people whose contributions are invaluable. I know it's not fair to only mention three, but....
Gary Sloan, who handles the 16mm screenings.
Geoffrey Curtis, who now brings his 35mm system for a three gauge (actually four with Standard 8) Saturday night.
David Lucidi, who generously printed up the posters that transform the garage into an event space!

There are the early birds who come in on Thursday to help set up, the dealers who constantly tempt me to add to my collection, the regular attendees who thankfully keep coming back and the amazing Ocean Holiday staff who allow us to continue screening till 1:30 AM!

Best of all are the first timers who become part of the CineSea family. It was a pleasure to chat with Greg May and his wife Jenna. I had a great time hanging out with Brian Stearns and it was about time that I finally got to meet Stuart Finkelstein.

There are many people who make the CineSea gatherings such a fun, special time. You'll have a chance to meet them all when CineSea 19 starts on April 26th, 2019.

Doug

[ October 21, 2018, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Douglas Meltzer ]

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 21, 2018 01:11 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was going to mention Lou and Lou, wasn't sure if it was alright...wait a minute, I'm the boss there, I can do what I want...! - Love to all

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2018 02:42 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can someone please ask Gary Sloan to contact me via text I want to buy one of his films thank you

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 21, 2018 02:48 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chip,

You were missed! Gary is a member(#4482) of this Forum so you can do a search by member number and then email or PM him.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Greg May
Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2018 08:07 PM      Profile for Greg May     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had a wonderful time meeting everyone. Jenna and are actually dating, not married, but I'm sure she will get a kick hearing that haha. She was a good sport the whole weekend, and I think the hobby peaked her interest much more than I would have imagined. Thanks for making us feel so welcome.

--------------------
16MM: EIKI SNT-0, EIKI NT-0
8MM: ELMO ST-600M

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 21, 2018 08:28 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I attended CineSea on my own about ten times before my wife coming even became a thing.

-you move to the head of the class, Greg!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 22, 2018 12:56 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any photos [Cool] [Smile]

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2018 03:16 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Being the first time going I felt like it was a retreat minus practical jokes. Having gone to lots of Church retreats in the past im used to the similar accommodation quality. Im glad I found the place OK considering my phone was running very low.

Mad props to Gary Sloan working his magic with BH I know he's very stressed at work and has to juggle work time with romance. sorry to see his projector got smashed to smithereens

Shorty did you have some sort of magnet under you table for some reason I kept coming to your table and buying.Maybe it's your good looks. It was fun buying great films from you. Shorty you are a Legend.

Doug pleasure to finally meet you and talk about the things we love about film. Thanks for the good deals on films. Also sharing True Lies with us

David Lucidi nice to meet you in the flesh your wonderful to talk to and joke around with. some people act like they have large muscles behind the keyboard you don't have to you have them lol

John after 5+ years knowing you online it was good to finally meet you.

Dave Ruth did stop by for a few, nice to finally meet him.

I thought it was odd that the bathroom in my room didn't have any toilet paper just the Three seashells

hope to come April and stay longer

Dave Ruth
Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2018 07:24 AM      Profile for Dave Ruth   Email Dave Ruth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few things...
1. Yeah I only popped in for an hour and it was awful! I wanted to stay longer! All the new faces and I didn’t get to really introduce myself. My wife has agreed to do off season Ocean City trips since it’s cheaper, we love the shore, and hate crowds. So far I’ve convinced her to have two of them coincide with Cinesea.
2. Brian that’s a high quality joke, also I sent you an email in relation to our convo.
3. Doug is the man, thanks for bringing all the great films! Would you believe that Star Trek reel was LPP?! Completely unfaded?! Because it wasn’t! It was as red as an apple! Haha

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2018 09:01 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A wonderful event, as usual. I am working on pictures and will have the first batch up soon.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2018 09:38 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Look forward to the pics Claus.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 22, 2018 07:56 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cant wait to see Claus's photo essay, always a great read. [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2018 06:09 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was a marvelous weekend, as usual. And great to see so many new faces! Doug forgot to thank me for my contribution...which was to not screw up anything and stay out of the way. Thanks to Doug, Lou and Shorty for keeping this thing not only going, but growing.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC