8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » How to figure out ongoing pricing for films?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to figure out ongoing pricing for films?
Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2018 09:56 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone has a 'technique' they would like to share on how it is that they determine pricing on the films they have and sell.
I have some films i would like to sell, but do not have a reference point at all, other than ebay and such...

For example, i have these little films we never watch that my wife feels i should start downsizing some things. maybe someone with kids in their own projectors may want to try out......

Keystone Kops- super 8 keystone hotel
Island of mystery- swiss family robinson-silent 1112
Andy Panda cartoon -castle 477- andys blacksmith shop silent
Pyramid thrills and adventures p/50/27 snakes alive
Little rascals spooky hooky 515
heckle Jeckle The lion-terrytoons- Hunt 557
Gandy goose-ken films 1962 - the covered pushcart
Little roquefort and percy-ken films 559 friday the 13th

I have lots of little things to unload but not sure what they are worth anymore..

How should i price these little gems? [Smile]

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2018 11:03 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For silent 200' subjects I would ask $5-10 each depending on the shape it's in and if the original box is there. Horror titles and railroad films I may ask $10-18 depending on condition. I have many dealers sales lists that I check and also completed listings on eBay. I also consider what I paid for the item I'm selling. Usually will sell it for what I paid. [Smile]

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2018 11:53 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matt, I agree with what Bill said. Personally, I sold all of my 200' silent digests as a lot, and was happy to get an average of $10.00 each for them...

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2018 01:54 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanx guys. That sounds about right..i think these came from various flea markets, and in great shape as i always buy good stuff(picky). Selling as one lot would be ideal!

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC