8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Your favorite finds of this year?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your favorite finds of this year?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 16, 2018 11:39 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems like, hopefully, we collectors find something that either we didn't know was on super 8 or knew it was out there, but incredibly hard to find.

I found one and added it to my collection finally!

It's the beatles appearance on the Ed Sullivan show, a line-up of either 5 or 6 songs, with a little interview bits as well. it runs 15 minutes and, well, what more can i say? It was that golden moment when the Beatles were actually introduced the the myriads of screaming U.S. fans, drooling for they're first appearance!

I'm looking to find a restored audio for this appearance so i can re-record the reel. I've heard some restorations of this Tv appearance and they actually sound pretty good!

What is you're favorite find, thus far this year?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2018 03:42 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmm my super 8 sound finds this year
TRUE LIES, 2x400ft plus the extra 1x400ft last sequence, has made a nice full 800ft digest!
CAPTAIN AMERICA 2x400ft
finally a mint print of the 600ft scope digest of my all time favorite RAISE THE TITANIC
FORBIDDEN PLANET scope feature
GENEVIEVE 1x600ft

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 16, 2018 04:05 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never realised forbidden planet was in scope on 8, that is a rare one.
This year i have finally found two features which were on my hit list for years, Die Hard scope feature and very recently, Silence of the Lambs, both excellent prints, maybe not rare but certainly hard to find these days. [Wink]

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2018 05:23 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since these are lean years,practically everything I have bought the last two years is a favorite find! The features, GARBANCITO DE LA MANCHA,the first Spanish full length cartoon from 1945.WEST AND SODA,Bruno Bozetto's cartoon western parody.DAIZY TOWN,the Lucky Luke animated feature (condenced to one hour).Karel Zeman's INVENTION OF DESTRUCTION. Buster Keaton's Mexican feature EL MODERNO BARBA AZUL. Several rare Larry Semon and Jimmy Aubrey silent comedies,most with music track.Cartoons:A GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE episode and a Signor Rossi (Bozetto). Good enough for unexpected treasures !!!

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2018 07:00 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite find this year was PREDATOR.
It was a thrilling feeling to find this fabulous Derann print.
I was looking for it for years.
In my opinion it looks better than the Blu Ray...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 19, 2018 11:06 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW Patrick!!!

Is that the long rumored and fabled to exist super 8 scope feature of "Forbidden Planet"? Is so, fantastic, you get my vote for the find of the year!

The only thing that would top that would be for me to find a great color print of "Grizzly Adams"! [Smile]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 20, 2018 12:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot to mention ...

"Felix the Cat and the Goose that Laid the Golden Egg"

FINALLY, after many years of searching, I found an L.P.P. print of this Blackhawk title and in doing so, I have secured all three Technicolor Felix the Cat's done by the Van Buren studio and released from very good archival prints by Blackhawk!

--------------------

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2018 03:03 PM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My greatest find is the full lengh feature from The Mummy 1999 with Brandon Fraser

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 25, 2018 03:09 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow that is a good find Andreas, i bet that is one hell of a print. Whats the sound like on it? Would that be the oxide stripe?

Iman Yahya
Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2018 03:35 PM      Profile for Iman Yahya   Email Iman Yahya   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2 favourite finds this year...

"Der verkannte Weihnachtsmann" - French-subtitled print of the 1935 cartoon "Alias St. Nick" with German titles but English track. Agfa polyester print with beautiful colour, very curious who put out this print.

"Black Hole of Calcutta (India c. 1898)" - very short "restored" turn-of-the-century film put out by Perrys Movies and exhibited at a recent Big Screen Time. Don't want to risk spoiling the twist!

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2018 08:38 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So far , my favorite finds this year ( and it's NOT over yet !! )

THE BEATLES AT SHEA STADIUM
This is the entire TV show , produced by Ed Sullivan in 1965 , with music-overs by George Harrison and George Martin , in glorious color that is NOT faded !
 -

KING KONG VS GODZILLA
A marketing film 3 parter , GREAT color , hard to find !!
 -

GOKE , BODY SNATCHER FROM HELL
Excellent color / scope print of this weird , off-beat Japanese Horror / Sci-fi movie from the late 1960's ! The complete feature , with sound re- recorded in English by the our own talented Adam Deierling !!
 -

I suppose , just to name a few !!

--------------------
Dave

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 26, 2018 11:25 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David! That is certainly HARD to find unfaded! Great find!

--------------------

Kevin Bourret
Junior

- posted November 27, 2018 03:16 PM      Profile for Kevin Bourret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got last week my first ever feature film on Super 8 in his original box.

The man who knew too much 1934 on 4 400' reels.

Really happy with it. This film definitely need some film guard and i will buy it but for now still watchable.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 28, 2018 11:23 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhhh yes, the always reliable Peter Lorre! [Smile]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC