8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » "Filming the crashes" information, folks?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Filming the crashes" information, folks?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 20, 2018 12:17 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everybody!

I have a short subjct British film, runs 200ft standard 8mm sound, and being that I no longer have a standard 8mm shound projector, I've never been able to watch it ...

... but I have not been able to even find any info on this short subject film. Was this made for TV or theatrical. It appears to be complete from beginning to end.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2018 12:41 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, I have a 1974 Blackhawk print of this. It's a Fox Movietone newsreel subject. (For everyone else, to clarify: it's actually a documentary compiled from newsreel footage.) The only reason I found the original title was due to a talkback sound cue on the leader, and its original title is "The Impact of Tragedy." Like most newsreels and documentary shorts of that era, it's not on IMDB.

Quite curious is why Blackhawk felt it necessary to change the title, or even if it was necessary under contractual agreement.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC