8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ST1200 Drive wheel adjustment

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ST1200 Drive wheel adjustment
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 23, 2018 03:22 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi my Elmo ST1200 has a slight issue, the drive wheel sits back slightly, not quite on the shutter sometimes.

Can someone please tell me where and what to adjust that drive unit to get it back where it should be please. More on the shutter.

I know it can be a common issue.

Pictures and lots of how please would be good if possible.

I was going to send it to a fixer but my son is going to have a go ? My fingers are a bit arthritic now, plus the peepers are duff too.

Many Thanks Mark.

|  IP: Logged

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2018 07:18 PM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark

There should be an extension coil spring hooked to the drive wheel mounting. Its job is to pull the drive wheel hard against the shutter wheel edge when projecting.

Sometimes the spring is missing or sometimes it just may need shortening to increase its pull.

See if your tension spring is still there and doing its job or needs replacing.

dogtor frankarnstein

[Wink]

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 28, 2018 03:25 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Frank thank you, I meant to post that it turned out just to be a belt, just slipping when in the mood, I couldn`t tell with my old facilities.

Some on the way from the States.

But thank you again.

Best Mark.

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2018 04:27 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark,

I can understand the motor pulley slipping if the belt is loose but you did also say "the drive wheel sits back slightly, not quite on the shutter sometimes." and "tell me where and what to adjust that drive unit to get it back where it should be".

So how did you conclude that the cause of this issue was just a loose belt, as I have some doubt about this.

You also didn't confirm if the extension spring that I referred to, is still in place on your machine.

dogtor frankarnstein
[Wink] [Razz]

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 28, 2018 04:33 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Frank I just thought it was.

My facilities are well below par since the stroke.

The wheel is fine having got my glasses on and a torch etc and had more of a look see. But I still struggle to focus close up.

Its running lovely once away, but waiting for the belts before I use it more.

Theres no rubber on the shutter which is good.

Nicest 1200 I ever had so good its nothing much.

Best Mark.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC