8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Noisy Projector B&H 483

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Noisy Projector B&H 483
John A Reid
Junior

- posted November 26, 2018 02:10 PM      Profile for John A Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recently acquired a B&H 483Z on eBay. with usable DSW 200W lamp - now replaced with Tveden Plug-in halogen module. Projector ran noisily! I dismantled and cleaned and lubed all gears (Superlube). Noticed that original "belt" over variable-speed pulley was loose (stretched?) so bought replacement "belt"(O-ring?)from Tveden, and fitted. Have run 2-3 hrs of Super 8 film since. Projector runs well, all functions, incl. speed control and slow motion - but still VERY noisy. My Problem: Not sure that original belt or new belt is correct thickness/length - so problem may be slip in the (split) vee-pulley drive (the one which narrows and widens with Speed Control Lever)? Please - does anyone have suggestions or specs on this?
(BTW 483 Service Manual is on order but it may only give Part Number with no details of correct "belt" thickness and diameter)
Ironically, the B&H label says 483 is "extremely quiet"??
Would appreciate any other suggestions re source of drive noise???

--------------------
JAR

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC