8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » SANKYO STEREO 800 circuit diagram needed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SANKYO STEREO 800 circuit diagram needed
Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2018 02:48 PM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello to all my cine friends. Folks, I need the circuit diagram to a Sankyo Stereo 800 projector. Can anyone help please??? Thank you and cheers

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 04, 2018 03:31 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark PM me your email address. I have 2 of these projectors one has no sound and the other the motor not running. I have the electrical diagrams. I'm pretty sure I can fix the motor issue...but unfortunately due to my lack of electrical knowledge they have not helped me fix the sound problem....yet. Hopefully the schematics can help you with your problem.

There is an extensive thread on some repairs I made to my first Sankyo Stero 800 you might want to check out. Although sit down with some snacks and a drink...it's long.

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=008244

[ December 04, 2018, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2018 05:19 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice, thank you so much for your help. Please could you email me the Sankyo Stereo 800 schematics to me at;

mark.barton@uwe.ac.uk

Im posting this as I cannnot send you an email privately.
Many thanks Janice
Cheers
Mark

Shane C. Collins
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2018 10:50 AM      Profile for Shane C. Collins   Email Shane C. Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice I read your post, starting in 2013, about the Sanyko Stereo 800. Did you ever get the sound issues straightened out?
There didn't seem to be a conclusion after that long post, other than you were able to get the motor working! I take it you finally gave up on it?

--------------------
Projectors: Bolex 18-5L Super, Bolex 18-5 regular 8mm, Elmo FP8-C

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 05, 2018 02:08 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Shane...yes I'm sorry I wasn't able to bring the thread to a conclusion. I pretty much reached the extent of my electronic skills. I don't know for sure...but I'm guessing I blew out one or more of the IC's on the sound board. I've seen these IC's available on Ebay...but replacing would require removing the entire sound board. Also I'm not sure my hands are steady enough for soldering IC's.

As I said earlier...I have a second projector now...that the sound seems to be working (I hear humming a popping when I turn it on). However this machine the motor isn't running. I'm going to see if I swap it'small power board out with the working one from the 1st machine to see if that does the trick.

I'm busy with Holiday cooking right now, so I'll probably work on it again at the beginning of next year. Maybe I'll be able to bring the thread to somewhat of a happy ending by getting one fully working projector.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Shane C. Collins
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2018 04:51 PM      Profile for Shane C. Collins   Email Shane C. Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice, that sounds like an interesting project! If you decide to try this I look forward to reading how you make out! I've read many of your posts, and your work is always impressive! Not sure if you read my DYI with the lens conversion on the Elmo 360, but some of your projects inspired me to try it out! The end result was it worked! There's a great feeling inside when something ends up working!

--------------------
Projectors: Bolex 18-5L Super, Bolex 18-5 regular 8mm, Elmo FP8-C

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC