8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The many adventures of Winnie the Pooh 400"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The many adventures of Winnie the Pooh 400"
Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2018 12:39 PM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really like to own Winnire the pooh, The honey tree.
I can only find this without sound.
Now I do find this version with parts of: Tigger too, The honey tree, and more.
Is this version containing the whole Honey tree film?

|  IP: Logged

Carter Bradley
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2018 09:35 PM      Profile for Carter Bradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree" is edited in this digest reel.

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted January 01, 2019 03:16 AM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh that's sad.
Has the 200" version of 'The honey tree' been released with sound as well?
I never saw it.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 01, 2019 03:56 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree" actually runs for 26 minutes on 16mm, and was once available full-length for sales to educational establishments in the UK.

--------------------
Maurice

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted January 01, 2019 11:27 AM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So this film is much larger than the Super8 version, which I found out is only 45 meters long.
I've seen this S8 as a silent color version, when I was little on my fathers projector.
It was a loner from somebody who did not wanted to part.

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 01, 2019 01:32 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the Honey Tree 200ft version is another WDHM that was only released silent, although some collectors have added a sound stripe and recorded sound on their copies.

As said, the 400ft Many Adventures contains just highlights.

Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too is the most common 200ft colour sound WDHM version edited from the original 1/2 hour short, and most excellent it is too.

Derann later released the complete Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day.

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2019 07:37 AM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all the information.
After seeing the new Christopher Robbins film last week, I'm all into Winnie the Pooh and started the search.
People who striped this silent 200" version probably wont part from it, which is understandable of course.
If the 400" Many adventures version only shows parts of this already cut down 45 meter 'Honey tree' version, it will probably be disappointing for me.

Maybe I buy the silent 45 ,meters version afterall. Two of the sellers on the market here in Holland are still having this on for sale quite some time now.

By the way,... I watched Tigger too on You Tube and that is quit a funny film indeed.

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2019 02:02 PM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ohh well,...
Since Steve Klare pointed this film out as the best cartoon shorts, I decided to buy this film 'The many adventures of Winnie the Pooh' afterall, from a 100% positive eBayseller that sais; very good color and print condition, for £21,99.
At least I now have some of The honey tree on S8 in Color/Sound.
Can hardly wait to see it.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2019 05:18 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matthieu, should you ever decide to go with the 200' digest, I have a digital file for the sound that syncs perfectly with the film.

Now, if only there were low-fade copies...

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2019 06:15 AM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh yes, than it would be perfect for striping this film.
If you want to share this file with me, I could buy a silent 200"and start them both at once.
With my GS1200 I probably get them linedup easy.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 04, 2019 11:06 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was able to add the portions of 'Tigger Too" (having found a L.P.P. copy) and it did make it a good 20 or minutes. I bet if i tracked down some of that other material, I'd need a 600ft reel for it after that!

LOVE to find a striped and recorded "Honey tree"!

Better yet, I'd LOVE to find that Derann, "Blustery Day"!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2019 12:17 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matthieu

Look at this eBay auction: it says it’s slightly faded but otherwise in good shape

https://www.ebay.de/itm/S8-Winnie-Pu uh-und-der-verruckte-Honigbaum-45m-Color-Magnetton/254044470383?hash=item3b263afc6f:g:xAEAAOSwfsdcJ5B-

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2019 05:50 AM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, but this is the wrong film hahaha.
I remember Pooh flew true the ait and ended up in a tree full of honey, but before that he was eating all the honey from his friends and got stuck in the rabbits hole.
I did a search and saw a YouTube called; Stuck by rabbit.
This topic helped me receiving the film Many adventures of Winnine the Pooh, which is a great film.
Colors are very good, but the seller did not mentioned the bad perforation, so this was a too expensive film afterall.
My search goes on.

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2019 09:09 AM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems to be called "Stuck at rabbit's house"
Can it be that this was a Dutch silent release?
I find nothing of the sort on the internet, but a television short of Wnnie was called like this and can be seen on YouTube

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2019 07:48 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go to the review index Matthieu, and you will find a nice review for a sound release of Honey Tree from Piccolo Films. It is apparently rare, but keep searching and you may stumble upon one.

Ezra Pollack
Junior

- posted January 18, 2019 04:18 PM      Profile for Ezra Pollack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i came to this forum for a completely different purpose, but interestingly, a client of mine literally just dropped off a bucket of old films from his marketing agency. we digitize films and he just didn't have space and dropped them off in case we could use them. obviously if someone ewre to buy i'd loop him in as well. included in this batch i have sitting here is the full 16mm reel of Pooh and the honey tree. feel free to reach out.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC