8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Curse of the Werewolf Super 8mm Digest UPDATE #1 !! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Curse of the Werewolf Super 8mm Digest UPDATE #1 !!
David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2019 01:05 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HELLO INTERESTED PARTIES !

HERE IS PICS OF THE CHOSEN BOX ARTWORK FOR THE SUPER 8MM 200 FOOT BOX WHICH WILL CONTAIN YOUR " CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF " FILM !

I hope to have prints in hand by April 2019 , if we are lucky !

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST AND SUPPORT !

DAVE BAKER

-

-

--------------------
Dave

|  IP: Logged

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2019 01:39 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,The box looks Really good! Nice job! Real Professional. Leon Norris.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 08, 2019 01:50 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great, David !

--------------------
Dominique

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 08, 2019 04:49 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could almost sell those just on the strength of how nice the box design/artwork is.

Hope the two films go well, as be superb for the super 8 side of things.

I think JP could sell in droves by modern standards if you will.

Looking forward to seeing the box design for that.

Best Mark.

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2019 12:57 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you , gentlemen !
If you are one of those on the " wanted " list , you're in for a REAL treat ! ( whenever it is finally released ) [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

--------------------
Dave

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 09, 2019 09:39 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.... Reminds me of Walton digests box art!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted January 10, 2019 09:52 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David - I'm intrigued by the thought of a 200' of 'Curse of the Werewolf', which is without doubt one of the finest Hammer films to have never appeared in any form on Super 8. However, I'd like to check if the box artwork reference to b/w is correct, as I'd imagine that I'm not the only one who would be put off by the loss of colour.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2019 11:13 AM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
UPDATE - 2 / 05 / 2019

CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF digest is currently in negative production at this time .

Thanks for your interest AND patience !!

HAPPY COLLECTING !!

Dave

--------------------
Dave

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2019 01:25 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am doing a search and cannot find any reference to the pre-order of this. Somehow I have missed this but want to jump on board. How do we place an order? Thank you.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 05, 2019 02:47 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan, you can find for more details in the thread "Ohio Film Collector Exchange Importing TWO NEW SUPER 8MM DIGESTS In Early 2019 !" in the 8mm films sale section.

--------------------
Dominique

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2019 10:01 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Dominique:)

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted February 06, 2019 09:34 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
200' eh? I'd like one, if only to add another for the Shorty box collection - thanks

Pierre Mdihi
Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2019 10:16 AM      Profile for Pierre Mdihi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice project. The box is very nice.

Douglas Warren
Master Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2019 05:25 PM      Profile for Douglas Warren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool! A new Super-8 horror digest and a great subject at that. If I may ask,why was the 200' length chosen? My first thought was in the style of the Castle Films titles.

--------------------
Turn out the lights,the movie is starting!

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2019 09:27 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Douglas

The only thing I can tell you is when you see it you'll answer all your own questions !!

[Cool]

--------------------
Dave

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted February 08, 2019 08:45 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers, Adrian - Shorty

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2019 08:35 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any news on this digest?? Thanks

--------------------
Joe Taffis

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2019 09:12 AM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No new updates available at this time .

PLEASE PM me in the future with any inquiries .

--------------------
Dave

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2019 11:29 AM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Current communication sent :

DEAR ****** :
I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM YOU IN ALMOST 3 MONTHS CONCERNING THE TWO SUPER 8MM DIGESTS I WAS ORDERING FROM YOU TO BE PRODUCED .
THE LAST EMAIL STATED YOU WERE WAITING ON FILM STOCK .
I NEED TO KNOW IF ANY WORK HAS BEEN DONE ON " JURASSIC PARK " OR " CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF " AND WHERE WE ARE .

IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING ON EITHER OF THEM , PLEASE RETURN MY ORIGINAL FILM PRINTS BACK TO ME .
YOU HAVE HAD MY MATERIALS FOR 8 - 9 MONTHS NOW AND I SHOULD EXPECT SOME THING SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE ON THEM .

IF YOU MUST RETURN THE FILMS , I WILL PROVIDE PAYMENT TO YOU VIA PAYPAL OR BY CREDIT CARD .

OF COURSE , I WOULD PREFER THE DIGESTS, AND SO WOULD ABOUT 100 OTHER PEOPLE , SO IF YOU ARE WORKING ON THEM , KINDLY COMMUNICATE YOUR PROGRESS AND A POSSIBLE TIME FRAME FOR COMPLETION .

THANK YOU ,
REGARDS ,
DAVE BAKER

--------------------
Dave

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 13, 2019 12:30 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, David - Let me know on those boxes too - Shorty

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2019 01:39 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure thing Shorty ; impressive want list !

--------------------
Dave

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2019 04:13 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
follow - up reply to Me :

" Hello .
Still waiting for the new batch of material from Kodak .
Cant print anything now, perhaps only short trailers, but not more.

Payment for material are done for three months , but it should be problems with
perforaror and perforation .

Start directly with everything , when material are here.

Kind regards,"

So , gang , I guess we are STILL hanging in there !!

But please understand that it could be in the Fall sometime - if we're lucky .

Thanks for your patience , 100

Dave

--------------------
Dave

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 13, 2019 07:03 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

Thank you for the update. Film collecting involves a ton of patience....and optimism!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted June 18, 2019 04:58 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed, demonstrated everytime your waiting for USPS to deliver your film.

It's all Darius Biederbeck's fault

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 25, 2019 11:01 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the update David.

I have a hankering for producing another digest, but it does take SO LONG these days to get this kind of thing done, even if you have all the money invested already.

Another real plus is the marketing of the product, like you're boxes for you're Werewolf digest! There used to be a day when all you could do was "XEROX" images, (even with Derann at times) and boxes could leave a lot to be desired. These days, we can do a real good box, right there "in house".

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC