8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » My Elmo !ens Adapter! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: My Elmo !ens Adapter!
Shane C. Collins
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2019 07:23 PM      Profile for Shane C. Collins   Email Shane C. Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was still shooting regular 8mm one of the best cameras I used was a Bolex K2. That camera was fitted with a Kern Vario-Switar 8-36mm f/1.9 zoom lens. Talk about great optics! Today I've been shooting Super 8 with an Elmo Super 110 which is a solid camera. One of the quietest I've ever used. On New Year's we filmed all our friends indoors with 4 vintage camera lights. Talk about bright holy cow. We used a Sankyo camera with a 1.2 lens, and some black & white Tri-X film. The results were stunning. I projected the film last weekend and everyone was very surprised how good it looked. They now understand why those movie lights were needed ha. I decided during the filming I would place the spotlights up high on a counter top above everyone. It actually worked out great, and kept the shadow effect to a minimum.

Paul good to hear from you! Yes the Williamsport area is a great place to work and live! I could do without Winter though ha! Let me know next time your in town. By the way I graduated from Montoursville in 1993.

[ January 17, 2019, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: Shane C. Collins ]

--------------------
Projectors: Bolex 18-5L Super, Bolex 18-5 regular 8mm, Elmo FP8-C

|  IP: Logged

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2019 02:32 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 10mm Isco f/1.3 lens I bought (I think) from Lee's cameras when they were in High Holburn that fits Eumigs etc (32.5mm), so there are some around.

Matthieu van der Sluis
Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2019 03:33 PM      Profile for Matthieu van der Sluis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, how is the picture with that lens?
No fisheye effect?
10mm is very handy when I place my 8mm projector in front of the videoprojector cabinet to use the fixed screen in my ceiling.
The distance is to short to fill up that screen with my Beauer with Schneider f1.1 11-30mm lens.
A fixed 10mm lens will probably work, but maybe I even need a 9mm or 8mm still.

[ January 18, 2019, 07:08 AM: Message edited by: Matthieu van der Sluis ]

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2019 11:45 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want you all to know that pictures will be posted by my favourite customer Joe taffis! So keep a look out! Leon Norris.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2019 01:09 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
 -
 -
Leon asked me to post his photos...

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Shane C. Collins
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2019 02:54 PM      Profile for Shane C. Collins   Email Shane C. Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks good Leon! What Elmo lens did you use for this retro-fit?

--------------------

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2019 06:37 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shane, I used the Elmo F1.3 zoom lens. The Idea of using different small Barrow lens is great! I plan on doing another one soon!

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 21, 2019 05:49 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And a great choice of primer. I used that same Paillard Bolex 25mm for a while on my 16CL with an adapter, before finding a proper 25mm from Elmo.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Daniel Macarone
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2019 01:24 PM      Profile for Daniel Macarone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is the throw distance for those Bolex and Schneider and Eumig prime lenses? In other words, I'm curious how far away your projector has to be for picture to fill your screen.

Shane C. Collins
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2019 04:36 PM      Profile for Shane C. Collins   Email Shane C. Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You definitely need to place the projector back about 10' to get a good wide picture on the screen. I've replaced using a prime with my recent projector purchase. The rather rare Canon Cine projector T-1 dual 8mm model. That projector uses a 17-28mm F-1.0 zoom lens. talk about a bright image on screen! Also I don't use the widest zoom which gives better results.

--------------------

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 09, 2019 10:14 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your right about that! The lest zoom the better the picture and brighter!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC