8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo film slot part.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo film slot part.
Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2019 11:53 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want you y to know that I started to make the film slot part with nylon roller. This should never wear out! I did my own for the Gs1200. It worked out just fine! And the roller turns with the film! I will be posting pictures soon! Be on the look out! I think you all will like it! Leon Norris.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2019 01:45 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
 -
Leon asked me to post his photos...

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2019 12:49 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The film slot with nylon roller is now for sale! I only done a few for now! Just to see how it gos. Price is 59.95 each! Plus shipping! I've done three for now! This part should last! Just keep it clean! Leon.

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2019 04:06 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great. But why don't you add an extra roller to the upper sprocket guide? Just at the point where the film exits the guide so that the soundstripe will not rub against the side reliefs and these won't wear out.

--------------------
Maurizio

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 29, 2019 06:03 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leon

Your roller alignment in the film path does not look like its in the right position to support the 1mm film edge, and no more, that's on either side of the film, as it moves down the guide and up into the sprocket.

If the roller is not spot on there is a very good chance, and looking at the bottom picture that the "picture area" will make contact on its turn up to the sprocket with that roller.

Looking direct at your bottom picture the roller needs to be further up.

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2019 10:53 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tested it on my GS1200 and it works just fine! The film rides on the roller like it should. I used a bigger roller which lifts the film up and away from the sides of the film slot. So it does not wear out!I had this part in my machine for a while and it works out just fine. It might not look the best . but it does the job!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC