8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Wolverine Pro back it goes!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wolverine Pro back it goes!
Bill Sherren
Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2019 02:46 PM      Profile for Bill Sherren   Email Bill Sherren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now boxed up and awaiting collection. Decided to go for a refund as have no faith a replacement would be any better! Wonder if you can claim the customs/vat import duties back?
Back to filming from the screen. Where at least the film is safer, more steady and better colour and exposure! It took me a year or more of humming and harring over going for the Wolverine but alas it couldn't even live up to my lowest expectations!

|  IP: Logged

Jake Mayes
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2019 02:50 PM      Profile for Jake Mayes   Email Jake Mayes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am returning mine to the seller after it damaged my positive print of a family do by putting lines THROUGH THE CENTER of the frame and on the edges. I will say this though, I won't blame the seller themselves, who is simply a retailer of different scanners.

Opposite of murphy's law mind, the only print in my collection that I have a negative to go back to where i can get a new positive print made by andec. Those positive prints are not exactly ten a penny, though.

Bill Sherren
Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2019 03:02 PM      Profile for Bill Sherren   Email Bill Sherren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine which had damaged every sprocket of two films (not immediately obvious until close inspection) also did scratch down the middle on a copy of other "test" films! Not happy and certainly my really important family films were not going anywhere near it!
Just a pity there isn't a good safe scanner available that isn't in the thousands of pounds. But the market will always be on the small size so guess that situation won't change anytime soon..

Jake Mayes
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2019 03:07 PM      Profile for Jake Mayes   Email Jake Mayes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I already had scanned a couple of family films as you can see via my previous posts after testing some junker films that were fine. It was when I did the one of the do that the scanner took a shit on me, but that one had a negative (Was a polyester print).

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC