8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » More light?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: More light?
Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2019 12:33 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I get people asking me about more light with those 100 watt lamps? Well if your machine does not have the hi lo switch. Then go to the transformer and see if it has the H for high on it! SOME do! If it does then take the lamp wire off the L post and solder it to the H post! You will get more light!
Also on the older models GS1200 to get more speed. Go to the transformer and you will see 3-4 post! For volts! Most are on 3 volts. Just take the wire off and solder it to the 4 volt post and you will have more power! Good luck!

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 14, 2019 03:15 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting thread, Leon. I checked on a 9.5 projector but didn't find any L/H sign inside. Then, I thought that maybe you were refering only to Elmo projectors (since they are your speciality). I opened my st 180 and saw a L mark but no H one, so, first I'm not sure it has anything to do with the light (the wire connected to it is white like the part that goes to the bulbholder but of course I din't want to take any risk so I didn't try to do anything) and second since there is no H, I thought it was maybe a projector without the possibility of getting more light.

-

That's what I saw.

I checked in my GS 800 and, same thing, I found a L letter but no H. Unlike on the ST 180, there was only one little blade (it that's the correct word).

-

--------------------
Dominique

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2019 11:34 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dominique, As I said some do have this on the transformers! I just fixed a GS800 and it had the H on the transformer. This is the USA version! Maybe that could be it! Leon.

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2019 01:12 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...just for reference, here is the ST180E board and the ST600.
Where the arrow points, i can see where another H could have been mounted, so some ELMO models have,some don't?
Interested none-the-less Leon! btw, i didn't know my st180 had adjustable pots(24 and 18 fine tuning?)! cool!
 -
 -

consequently, do you have one of these silly things Leon you can mail me that broke off my ST180? [Big Grin]
 -

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 14, 2019 01:27 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the answers. My GS 800 was manufactured for the Japanese market (it's a 100 volts one) so different for the models made for the US. I wanted to check my ST 1200 and my GS 1200 to see if I would be luckier. But that was stupid since those projectors have a H/L button [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dominique

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2019 02:32 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your had that H for high setting. You would see a improvement! In light! A few of my customers had it and wanted it done. And like what they see! If you find a transformer that has it on it! Put it in . not hard to do! I am going to check my in stock transformers I have some used ones. To see if they have the H on them?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC