8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea 19 - Pick the Friday Night Feature (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: CineSea 19 - Pick the Friday Night Feature
Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 23, 2019 11:50 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 19th CineSea Film Collectors gathering is just a month away and once again we'll be screening a film the night before. This will take place at 7:30 PM on Friday, April 26th at the Ocean Holiday Resort in Wildwood Crest, New Jersey. Admission is free.

Let's pick the film! If you're coming to the convention and have a print you'd like to show, Please list the title (up to two per collector) and format (Super 8mm or 16mm) here by 4/12. We'll then have an online survey and attendees can pick which title they prefer by 4/21.

Our previous winner was Gary Sloan's 16mm print of Psycho. The Friday Night Feature started with CineSea 11, and we've shown The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein, Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope, Aliens, Beetlejuice, and House of Wax (3-D!).

My two offerings (I have previously nominated these) are Derann's Shane 1953 (Super 8mm, color, flat) and the Marketing print of Airplane! 1980 (Super 8mm, color, flat).

For more information about the CineSea Film Collectors Gathering, please look here.

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Todd N. Tuckey
Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2019 12:54 PM      Profile for Todd N. Tuckey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I offer a gorgeous technicolor scope Elvis---his best one ROUSTABOUT with Barbara Stanwycke...I would love to run this as I want to post it for sale, but want my daughter to experience tech scope on this title

--------------------
Todd N. Tuckey

Stuart Finkelstein
Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2019 01:21 PM      Profile for Stuart Finkelstein     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I volunteer A Hard Day's Night.

An Elvis-Beatles Double Feature would also be way cool!

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2019 06:42 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Please list what format the film is on. Just naming the film doesn't help Where not mind readers

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 23, 2019 07:58 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian,

Yes, it is good to know. Would the format make a difference in your vote?

Doug

--------------------

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2019 08:05 PM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I’d like nominate my 16mm lowfade, scope print of Jaws once again. Also, I’d like to nominate my 35mm print of Jumanji. I figured I’ll switch it up this time and try two different gauges for a change. Can’t wait to see everyone in a few weeks. Really looking forward to the show as always!

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 23, 2019 08:29 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow what a line up of films [Eek!]

I know I cant vote but a Scope print of Jaws" [Cool] ..being near the sea that film would be just the thing [Wink]

Oh! and Airplane [Cool]

I Better go now [Wink] [Smile]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 23, 2019 09:28 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's good that people are re-nominating great prints that didn't quite make it other times.

-sometimes it's a shame only one can win!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 23, 2019 09:43 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday Night Triple Feature?

Both Roustabout (scope) and A Hard Day's Night (flat) are 16mm prints.

Doug

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 23, 2019 10:31 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-it could make attendance at Saturday Breakfast mighty thin!

--------------------

Geoffrey Curtis
Junior

- posted March 24, 2019 08:44 PM      Profile for Geoffrey Curtis   Email Geoffrey Curtis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I might as well throw a title in the pile.

A 35MM print of Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2019 10:35 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Why are we nominating 35mm films if the following was stated by Doug?

"Let's pick the film! If you're coming to the convention and have a print you'd like to show, Please list the title (up to two per collector) and format (Super 8mm or 16mm) here by 4/12."

35mm is nice but I feel too much of it was shown last year and time ran out so people that brought films didn't get an opportunity for theirs to be shown.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 25, 2019 09:13 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He’s right Geoff!

Call it “Double 16” and we’ll let you do the other 3mm in the Fall!

(You’ve heard of “long movies”? This would be a “thin movie “.)

--------------------

Greg May
Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2019 09:27 AM      Profile for Greg May     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tons of great stuff so far. Jenna and I won't be around until Saturday, due to a wedding. Looking forward to seeing everyone though! If I had to pick I'd have to go with Airplane!(Although I know my vote does not count haha)

Hope to see some 35mm stuff throughout the weekend regardless. There was really some stunning stuff in the Fall.

--------------------
16MM: EIKI SNT-0, EIKI NT-0
8MM: ELMO ST-600M

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2019 10:24 AM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Doug do you object to showing 35mm I don’t it’s still film

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 25, 2019 06:50 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must apologize for the mistake in my posting. I was cutting and pasting from previous "Pick the Friday Night Feature" posts and neglected to include the larger format. Standard 8mm is also allowed, by the way.

Doug

--------------------

Geoffrey Curtis
Junior

- posted March 25, 2019 06:57 PM      Profile for Geoffrey Curtis   Email Geoffrey Curtis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In that case, my nomination still stands (along with these other GREAT movies).

Thank you Doug for clarifying.

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2019 03:25 AM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks doug

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 26, 2019 07:57 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've had Standard 8mm, Super 8mm, 9.5mm, 16mm and 35mm, flat, scope and 3-D. Perhaps we can add Polyvision, Emergo, Percepto and Sensurround at some point. Please note: I deliberately left Odorama/Smell-O-Vision off that list.

Doug

--------------------

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2019 09:08 AM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh that was my next question, never mind

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

Nicole Tucky
Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2019 09:46 PM      Profile for Nicole Tucky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greg!!! Glad to hear you and Jenna are coming. We are gonna have a blast!

And yes - can we pleaseeeee do a Friday Musical night? I'm all for a double feature of Elvis and The Beatles! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Crimson Ghost Girl

"Life is like a box chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2019 11:56 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
There should disclaimer the projectionist will not be responsible for any scratches or damages incurred on other parties film during projection.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 27, 2019 02:58 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way folks, I have this idea from an old screen shot, as to how you can keep awake while you are watching all those films. That is to do what "My Bean" did, when driving his little mini to the Cannes film festival... [Big Grin]
 -

Mark Silvester
Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2019 04:59 AM      Profile for Mark Silvester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...I bet that Jaws looks fantastic in scope!

[Smile]

Ironically, I notice you mention Shane in 8mm - I actually acquired Derek Simmonds own personal and first copy of that print...its my favourite western of all time and a lovely print..!

By the way I obtained Derek's "Shane" that copy by swapping him a mint 16mm print - flat - of the Roger Moore, View to a Kill. LLP.

Back in the day when I had some amazing 16mm prints. Enjoy your convention and the enthusiasm you guys all reflect in your posts and conversations is a real joy to read. [Big Grin] Mark

--------------------
Mark Silvester

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 27, 2019 08:21 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

I agree. The Derann Shane is one of my favorite prints.

Brian,

Perhaps also that all films submitted should be cleaned and free of staples so that the projectors aren't damaged....
It's been known to happen!

Doug

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC