8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Kodak Super 8 camera?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kodak Super 8 camera?
Francesco Ragazzi
Junior

- posted April 30, 2019 09:47 AM      Profile for Francesco Ragazzi   Author's Homepage   Email Francesco Ragazzi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I tried looking for it in the previous post but didn't find anything. Does anyone have any information about what happened to the Kodak Super 8 camera announced a few years ago? https://www.tomsguide.com/us/kodak-super-8-specs-price,news-26615.html
The last update is from 2017... https://www.kodak.com/id/en/corp/blog/blog_post/?contentid=4295004933

|  IP: Logged

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 01, 2019 09:00 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well. I registered for it having given some input some time ago as a business user receiving a mail saying I was one of the 1000 for the first batch. A couple of years later nothing. The problem as expected they have had is research and development time plus the plethora of cameras still working perfectly. I since gleamed the first batch may be the only batch if in fact that happens. Excuse my lack of optimism but information for the money to be spent has been very thin indeed and I doubt we will see the camera but please prove me wrong. The main attraction for me was the gate aperture and live screen viewer ideal for some of the media work I do and a useful tool.

I'm happy to wait so long as we know it is coming.

Rodney Bourke
Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2019 02:08 PM      Profile for Rodney Bourke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For a New Camera in Super 8 also see the New Logmar Super 8 camera at

https://logmar.dk/chatham-s-8/

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 03, 2019 06:45 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like the Logmar is no longer available. Just a one off production run.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 03, 2019 07:56 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They say : "In 2015 we sold some of our 8mm intellectual property to a film manufacturer intending to build their own camera" That matches with what I read (I don't remember where on the net) that Kodak asked some help from Logmar to "create" their new camera.

--------------------
Dominique

Francesco Ragazzi
Junior

- posted May 07, 2019 02:24 AM      Profile for Francesco Ragazzi   Author's Homepage   Email Francesco Ragazzi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all for your answers...So I guess there is no real prospect of a super 8 camera with easy sync-sound...Unless there are other recommendations?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC