8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 8mm Non flickering editor suggestion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 8mm Non flickering editor suggestion
Michele Patucca
Junior

- posted May 05, 2019 12:14 PM      Profile for Michele Patucca   Email Michele Patucca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I write from Italy. I am a young fan of 8mm archive images. I ask you a question. I need to use a film editor to see old films (and if they are of my interest, I will have to scan them8). I don't want to use a projector because they are old and I risk breaking them or burning them. Do you recommend a state-of-the-art 8mm moviola? I saw that there are some Goko / Erno models that are 8mm NF (non-flickering). it's true? in particular the Erno EM-1512 is a standard 8mm, not flickering ?. thank you all for the answers. [Smile]

--------------------
Michele

|  IP: Logged

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2019 06:02 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michele, do you need only for Regular 8? I have an Erno RE-904 NF, with NF system, but it's, obviously, only Super 8. I never thought of an NF editor for Regular 8 only, it would be interesting to know more, if someone is informed.
However, pay attention to the negative side of the NF system: on average they are less bright than the "normal" editors.
If you can't find a NF editor, there are so many great editors only for Regular 8. I have a Yashica Editor Model II: excellent, big and bright screen, gentle with films. Even if it's not NF, it's good. [Smile]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 07, 2019 06:08 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michele, I don't think there is a risk of burning films using a projector unless if it's faulty and stops suddently (but then you would burn only one frame). Many members use cine projectors to screen their films.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC