8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Micro switch!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Micro switch!
Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2019 11:16 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am looking for a micro switch # V-2 A 1. Its for the Elmo ST1200 projector! This switch works the lamp! Turns it on. The place were I get them no longer carries! This switch was discontinued! Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 26, 2019 11:24 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This should at least be close: you'd have to transfer the lever over from the old switch.

Honeywell Microswitch

If not there is a whole series of different levers to chose from.

Catalog

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2019 11:35 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve this switch will not work! I might have to find a junker machine! This switch the original has two wires soldered to it the switch you are showing me takes three wires! I have some of them!

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 26, 2019 11:45 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a three terminal switch (We'll call them "A,B,C"). When the button is depressed A is connected to B, but not to C. When the button is released A is connected to C, but not to B.

It's a selector. Two of these are used on the motor terminals of DC motored machines to select forward or reverse. One selects (+) when the other selects(-).

What you can do to control the lamp is connect A and B and leave C flapping in the breeze. Now it's just "On" or "Off".

--------------------

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2019 11:58 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried that it does not work! I need the original one! I no someone with a junker so I will take the switch out of that one and put it in! Should solve the problem?

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 26, 2019 12:01 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What happened? Did the lamp stay on all the time, did it not come on at all?

This could get a little freaky if you connected C instead of B: The lamp would only come on when you turned it off!

Use C and B without A: just darkness!

I did a donor transplant once and used a former motor switch: the lamp switches take a beating.

--------------------

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2019 12:12 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The lamp does not come on at all! I replaced the lamp socket and the lamp no luck! So I checked the lamp switch and found out its bad! So once I replaced it that should solve the problem!

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 26, 2019 12:15 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice repair!

All those insulators, switches and plates stacked up!

(Nothing to do in a hurry!)

Best of Luck!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC