8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Wolverine Pro power issue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wolverine Pro power issue
Jerry Puckett
Junior

- posted July 13, 2019 12:45 PM      Profile for Jerry Puckett         Edit/Delete Post 
I picked up a Wolverine Movie Pro 8mm Scanner and it will not power up with the adapter. I called Wolverine and the tech told me to plug in the USB to the computer and the power cord and then it works. The tech is telling me the problem is with the power adapter. I tested the power adapter with a 12V speaker and it works with the speaker but not with the Wolverine? Does anyone thinks it’s the power adapter or a bad board in the Wolverine?

|  IP: Logged

Mike Spice
Master Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2019 05:03 AM      Profile for Mike Spice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have a test meter
check the voltage on the power adaptor, but you say it powers a speaker so it sounds fine.

Opening up the Wolverine (screws on the back cover) would be my next step, to see if the power connector has a dry joint to the circuit board, and probably with the power connected, try to see if I can see where the power stops as it enters the circuit board, with the meter, if that makes sense.

Presumably you held the power button down for a second or two to make sure it is not the power button being wobbly.

[ July 14, 2019, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: Mike Spice ]

Werner Ruotsalainen
Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2019 03:19 PM      Profile for Werner Ruotsalainen   Email Werner Ruotsalainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The power adapter may be dead. I have two scanners; one of the adapters have also died after some months.

Fortunately, the device uses a very common adapter. For example, if you have an Intenso Memory Center external 3.5" HDD (any size; see https://www.amazon.com/Intenso-Memory-Center-5000GB-schwarz/dp/B00WT7Z156 ), its adapter is already compatible. So are most external Samsung HDD's. Or desk lamps like this one: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01J5OWZ68/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC