8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Dad would have said FREE to a good home

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dad would have said FREE to a good home
Peter Knight
Junior

- posted August 06, 2019 12:53 AM      Profile for Peter Knight   Email Peter Knight   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dad, Ron, was a keen cine photographer back in the 50’s and on up into the 80s.

Sadly now he and Mum have passed away and while cleaning out her house, I found all his old gear.

It’s not taken long to realise there’s little momentary value in it, similar items languishing on ebay et al, but I’m sure to the right person it’ll have intrinsic value.

And I’m damned if it’s all going to end up at the tip.

So I’m offering all this kit, FREE, to anyone who wants it. Just reimburse me for delivery, maybe make a donation to the RNLI in memory of Dad.

And it is:

A Eumig c3 in the original brown leather case

A Bilora Tripod

A Movie-Lite portable lighting unit with two Philips Photolita bulbs, both working

A Minette M-2 Viewer Editor

A Bell & Howell 606h projector, working, even the bulb, in its original box

And a Celfix Screen – can’t see any code on it, long green hard integral box

I would guess most of this dates back to the early 50’s, but you’d probably know better, and it’s all in good nick!

Everything is in Hertford, Hertfordshire, England.

Oh, same deal, Dad also had a couple of stills cameras which I’m happy to give away

A No1A Autographic Kodak Jr, showing its age a bit, needs a tad of tlc

And a Adox Prontor-S in immaculate condition in a brown leather case

It’s going to be hard to give all this away, but since my home is now in Australia, and I currently live on my boat, it’s just not feasible to keep it.

And I know Dad would be delighted to know that it would be going to someone who will appreciate it as much as he did.

Peter

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 06, 2019 02:37 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peter
A very kind gesture.
May I add, for those who do not know the camera and projector, that they are standard 8 and not the later Super 8.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC