8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Halloween horror show

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Halloween horror show
Carter Bradley
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2019 03:27 PM      Profile for Carter Bradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Forum Friends,
Tonight I host the first of two Saturday Halloween party/movie nights. This evening the theme is classic Universal Monsters. The playlist includes: Little Rascals in "Hide and Shriek" and "We Want Our Mummy" with the Three Stooges (both 200' spliced together), then a mini Frankenstein marathon with "Frankenstein," "Bride of Frankenstein" (both Universal 8 400'), then "House of Frankenstein" (Castle Films' 200' "Doom of Dracula" and 200' "House" combined). Followed by the Ken Films' 400' comedy "Love at First Bite," The Wolfman" (Universal 8 400'), two Disney 200' cartoons ("Lonesome Ghosts" and "Trick or Treat.") I lucked out with "Trick," since it is the Walt Disney Home Movies' USA version which a previous owner had added a sound strip and recorded the soundtrack. If time allows, I'll choose from Castle Films' 200' "Tarantula" and "The Deadly Mantis," and maybe Scooby Doo in "A Night of Fright is No Delight" (Techno Films' two 200' extracts combined).
I'll report later on next week's night of many, many 200' films combined for our second horror night.
Happy Halloween season!!

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 21, 2019 11:55 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
POLTERGEIST!!! Super 8 scope stereo, full feature ...

... and a Kempski print at that! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Carter Bradley
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2019 04:10 PM      Profile for Carter Bradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tomorrow night I host part 2 of my annual Halloween party/Haunted House/Movie Night featuring all 600' reel compilations of horror films:
Reel 1: "Pit and the Pendulum" (Ken Films), "The Curse of the Fly (Ken), and "The Raven" (Ken)
Reel 2: "A Bucket of Blood" (Ken), "Frankenstein Conquers the World" (Ken), "It Conquered the World" (Ken), "The Screaming Skull" (Ken)
Reel 3: "Night of the Blood Beast" (Ken), "Phantom Planet" (Ken), "War Gods of the Deep" (Ken), "Konga" (Ken)
Reel 4: "Revenge of the Creature" (Castle Films), "The Creature Walks Among Us" (Castle), "Reptilicus" (Ken), "Yongary" (Ken)
Reel 5: "Yoyage into Space" (Ken), "Man-Made Monster" (Castle), "Monster from a Prehistoris Planet" (Ken), "The Wasp Woman" (Heritage Films)
Reel 6: "The Flying Serpent" trailer, "Young Frankenstein" trailer, "Master of the World" (Ken), "Frenzy" - the Rape (Universal 8 "Great Scenes" series 100'), "Bride of Frankenstein" - the Creation (U8 100'), "Jaws" (Universal 200')

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 25, 2019 04:21 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carter,

Great fun. This will go on for hours!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC