8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Raise The Titanic (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Raise The Titanic
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 06, 2019 10:55 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Derann's bold approach with this release was reinforced by the digest and the trailer also being available in scope or flat. I can still remember my astonishment when looking through my copy of 'Movie Maker' and seeing the full page ad that was specifically about this release! Does anyone know if the flat feature and digest were full frame, or had any masking?

Incidentally, I think the last time they ever released scope and flat versions of the same trailer was 'Titanic'.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 06, 2019 11:06 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks 4 the info. It must have been a highly regarded film at the time. (Or just highly available?)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2019 11:17 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Always a good laugh going up on the marquee those first three letters of the 3rd word.......

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2019 02:10 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian, The flat print is full frame with a bit of pan/scan

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2019 03:43 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian - Re scope and flat versions of the Titanic trailer.

If you are referring to the Kate Winslet one, my trailer is non anamorphic widescreen I.E. black bars top and bottom. Are there different versions?
This was super 8. I know it was also released on 16mm, so were you referring to that release?

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 07, 2019 09:10 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Raise the Titanic is one of those film which did better on 8mm than it did at the flicks!

Anyone else remember watching Derek project it at the open day launch? Great times and memorable.

Likewise I have the Scope feature, Flat feature, 2X400 and the later 600ft from the new neg along with flat and scope trailers. Enough to drive anyone crackers but I love it. Over the years its got to the point when we have multiple poster and lobby card sets and even a visit to Malta for what's left of the giant scale model.

The scope prints at the time were a bit ground breaking in quality and hold my hand up to re dubbing very many to Stereo over the years making for a greater experience.

Happy memories of golden days.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 08, 2019 11:20 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way folks John Barry brilliant music from the film as the "Complete Film Score" is available new from Silva Screen records 2018. I had always thought that it was available in the past, but reading the back cover to this record I find it was not. A lot of work has gone into producing this LP, and the results are brilliant, and as such, would highly recommend this LP.
 -
 -
[Cool]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 15, 2019 03:03 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well my better half wanted to watch it tonight. This could be interesting, as Yvonne can be critical about movies "very picky",anyway my thoughts tonight were, is she going to find the film boring, the bottom line of screening "Raise The Titanic" will it work?

Well it did and to surprise Yvonne enjoyed it, so there you go. I wonder how it would get on, if it was again to hit the cinema screens with todays audience?.

[Smile]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 15, 2019 07:37 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If Dirk Pitt figured out Jack Dawson was still alive and trapped in the ship's vault, and they remade Raise The Titanic as a rescue mission, they'd pack the theaters for sure!

"Rose! Is that you?!"

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 15, 2019 04:19 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's not a bad idea Steve [Big Grin]

Well looking at much of what is coming out of Hollywood these days, it might even get an Oscar [Big Grin]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC