8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig 610D belt question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig 610D belt question
Grant Melton
Junior

- posted November 02, 2019 03:59 PM      Profile for Grant Melton   Email Grant Melton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Eumig 610D projector that I have attempted to get a new belt for. However I am in the USA and the belt I bought will not work when I install it on the 60HZ pulleys (it's too big and the projector motor won't turn). Am I right in thinking that I have a belt made for 50HZ? And does it matter, really if I set it up for 50HZ?

--------------------
Grant Melton

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 02, 2019 06:35 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you were sent the wrong belt. I would notify the seller and see if they can send you the proper size belt. The belt your were sent may not be the correct size for the 50mhz either. In the U.S. to get your projector to run at the proper speed you definitely want the proper size belt for the 60mhz pulley.

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Grant Melton
Junior

- posted November 02, 2019 07:03 PM      Profile for Grant Melton   Email Grant Melton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Janice. I'm going to try a belt from a different seller. The interesting thing is, the belt that's on there is flat, and the ones I see for sale are all like the ones in your photo. Hopefully my second attempt will give me the correct belt!

--------------------
Grant Melton

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 02, 2019 07:36 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grant...I've had no problem with the round belt on this projector.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Grant Melton
Junior

- posted November 08, 2019 10:39 AM      Profile for Grant Melton   Email Grant Melton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice, you were right about the first belt being the wrong one. I got one from a different seller and this one is much smaller in diameter, and fits perfectly!

--------------------
Grant Melton

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC