8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » GOLDEN VOYAGE SINBAD ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GOLDEN VOYAGE SINBAD ?
Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2003 10:37 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Fellow Super 8 Collectors,

I am so thrilled to discover this bulletin board and find out that I am not the only one still obsessed with super 8 movies. This is a great resource and I'm sure I will be posting many times in the future... My first question is about the GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD 200' digests released by Columbia in 1973/74. I thought there had only been four different reels released but I recently picked up two more reels that have totally different scenes than the four reels I already have. Does anyone know how many different digests were released? I'm trying to assemble the most complete super 8 version possible. Please respond with any information you may have.

Brian
BrianH9249@aol.com [Confused]

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 04, 2003 11:34 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian,
First....welcome to the forum! Second......I remember when Golden Voyage was originally released in 4 parts. I can't recall the title of the first part, but the 2nd was Sinbad Challenges the Monster, followed by Sinbad and the Magic Sword, and finishing with Sinbad and the Oracle.To anyone who has seen the feature, the titles made it appear that the film was edited in some bizarre fashion. Sure enough, Columbia recalled the digests, re-edited, and then re-released them. The 4 parts of the final version are titled Sinbad's Mystical Adventure, Sinbad and the Mysterious Amulet, Sinbad Battles Koura's Evil Magic, and Sinbad's Triumph. Good luck finding them all and have fun editing!
Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC