8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » PART 2 THE MOST AMAZING FILM LIST!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PART 2 THE MOST AMAZING FILM LIST!!
D'Arcy More
Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2004 10:21 PM      Profile for D'Arcy More   Email D'Arcy More   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay fellas........as promised here is the second list of films for sale from my personal collection. If I don't get it all done tonight (cuz I am starting this at 10:35pm)........I will probably finish it off in a part 3 later this weekend. Most films are excellent to near mint unless noted. All have been run on my scratch free GS1200. Money orders or US cash via registered mail only. First come First Serve. Most of these films if otherwise noted come mounted on Bonum reels with cans. And awayyyyyy we go!

1. Munster Go Home (1966) 2 X 600 This is a super rare Derann print in glorious Black and White full length. You won't find a nicer copy of this out there. $300

2. Bluebeard (1944) 2 X 800 John Carradine as the murderous Bluebeard of Paris. Directed by Edgar Ulmer who also directed the Black Cat with Karloff and Lugosi. Near mint with no lines. $100

3. The Vampire Bat (1933) 1 X 800 This is an early Vampire film starring Lionel Atwill and Dwight Frye (Renfield of Lugosi's Dracula) The film stock is so thin on this that the entire film fits on one 800 footer! It does have some lines but is very enjoyable nonetheless and rare to find for sure. $75

4. Dead Men Walk (1943) 2 X 800 This is Dwight Frye's final film before he died suddenly. George Zucco plays a dual role of good and evil while Dwight is the evil doer's gopher. Lots of fun in this PRC horror film. It has some lines but is still quite enjoyable and does not come up for sale in super 8 very often. $75

5. Monster Maker (1944) 2 X 600 Another PRC horror film, this time with J. Carrol Naish as the bad guy who injects a serum into Ralph Morgan (real life brother of Frank from the Wizard Of Oz) and turns him into an ugly beast.....all for the love of Ralph's daughter! You'll see Glenn Strange as Naish's henchman and a hairy ape thrown in for good measure. Very nice condition with only a couple of light lines. $75

6. Nomads Of The North 2 X 800 This is a Blackhawk print of the Lon Chaney outdoor drama of a trapper fighting for his land and his love and the love of his land! Pre Phantom OF the Opera role for Chaney showing just what he can do with very little makeup. No music track on this one but still very enjoyable and tough to find in Super 8. $100 SOLD!!

7. The Midnight Girl (1925) 2 X 800 This is an early silent film drama with Bela Lugosi. Bela falls for his son's lover who is a burlesque star. A dramatic soap opera and worth seeing for Bela's meaty role alone! Film is striped but not scored. $100

9. The Unholy Three (1925) 2 X 600 This is a STANDARD 8MM SILENT print of the Lon Chaney Sr film. This is very very tough to find in 8mm and is a really gorgeous print. You'll see a young Victor McLaughlin along with Mae Busch in a dramatic crime role! I have only seen this film offered once before and my print is very impressive that I am offering here. No music track. $200 SOLD!

10. Tell It To The Marines (1926) 3 x 600 STANDARD 8MM PRINT WITH MUSIC/SOUND FX. This is an amazing print of a rare film Chaney Sr did for MGM. Chaney as a hard nosed drill sargent with a soft heart for only pretty nurses. I never knew this was available in 8mm til it was offered to me privately two years ago. A really nice film for the Chaney fan. $200 SOLD!

11. West of Zanzibar (1928) 2 X 600 STANDARD 8MM SILENT PRINT. Chaney Sr and Lionel Barrymore go head to head in this bitter love triangle that takes them into the deep jungles of Zanzibar for revenge. Chaney of course is at his top notch best playing a cripple. A very nice print with only a couple of light lines. Super tough film to find in 8mm. $150 SOLD!!

12. The Monster (1925) 4 X 400 STANDARD 8MM SILENT PRINT Chaney doing a dual role in this Old Dark House mystery film both as the host and as the creeping monster that haunts the people visiting. Nice print with some lines. Tough to find. $100 SOLD!!

13. He Who Gets Slapped (1924) STANDARD 8MM SILENT PRINT A young Norma Shearer as a circus performer....Chaney as the clown who falls in love with her and eventually tries to save her life. Norma is gorgeous eye candy while Chaney is his usual top notch act. This title does not come up often in 8mm. $100 SOLD!!

14. Psycho (1960) 4 X 600 Yup this is the Hitchcock classic in STANDARD 8MM SOUND FULL LENGTH. Need I say more? Condition is very nice with some light lines. Booming sound. Very impressive print and another toughie. $150 SOLD!!

15. The Bells (1926) 4 X 400 STANDARD 8MM WITH MUSIC TRACK Karloff meets Lionel Barrymore in a power struggle of good and evil. Karloff plays a Caligari like character. Very dark and moody film that is based on an Edgar Allan Poe story. Nice print with some light lines. $100 SOLD!!

16. Island of Dr Moreau (1977) 2 X 800 Optical sound print. Burt Lancaster as Moreau in this remake of the Laughton film. NOt a bad job really with lots of action and a sexy Barbara Carrera. Some really nice scenery with the color still holding on pretty good. $75

That's it for the features.......next list will be shorts including Laurel and Hardy, Universal Horror, some cartoons and more!

[ May 09, 2004, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: D'Arcy More ]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC