8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: Planet Of The Apes Digests

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Planet Of The Apes Digests
Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2005 04:00 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, looking for Planet Of The Apes digests in color and sound. I own two except one is B&W and silent while the other is Color and Sound but with ripped sprockets and unplayable. So I'm lookinf for all of them in color and sound, I guess they were only issued in 200' but if someone had something bigger than that, I'm interested. Just e-mail me.

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

|  IP: Logged

Lance Alspaugh
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2005 04:09 PM      Profile for Lance Alspaugh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have "Conquest" 200 ft color stereo sound, but unfortunately only has a few frames left on the opening Main Title. The rest of the reel is quite nice.

LA

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 28, 2005 04:33 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ernie,

Just as you thought, Ken Films only released the Apes series in 200ft versions. None of them were edited particularly well, with "Beneath" being the worst of the lot. Strangely enough, the weakest full length feature ("Battle") works best as a digest, although it has a fairly abrupt end.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 29, 2005 06:32 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone actually have any of these 200ft digest in colour without fade.
The copies I have seen here in the UK have all been quite red. I would like to know if there were any later runs of these on Low Fade stock?
Lance, How did you get a copy in Colour with a Stereo soundtrack. Who released it?
They happen to be one of my Favourite series of films but I have not seen too many copies arround of late.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 29, 2005 10:40 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev,

I'll bet Lance did the re-recording himself(or was it master re-recordist Robert Aragon?). One of my first eBay purchases was an incredibly red copy of "Planet". Since then, I've found prints that have only slight fade. My copy of "Conquest" actually has very nice color.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 30, 2005 11:32 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Its obviously worth keeping your eyes open then as it sounds like there are some copies arround which arent too bad.
I wonder if any were on the LPP stock?

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC