8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » UNIVERSAL HORROR 16MM/8MM NEGATIVES FOR SALE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UNIVERSAL HORROR 16MM/8MM NEGATIVES FOR SALE
D'Arcy More
Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2005 08:48 PM      Profile for D'Arcy More   Email D'Arcy More   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When Phil Sheard of Classic Home Cinema released The Mummy and Ghost of Frankenstein a couple of years back, he got the negs from the same source these are from.

Spring cleaning and my loss is your gain. Some of these titles I paid up to $200 for. Blowing them out to you simply because I'm getting out of film. All titles are of the classic horror genre.

Black Friday (1940) Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff

Mummy's Ghost (1944) Lon Chaney Jr

Hold That Ghost (1841) Abbott and Costello and Evelyn Ankers.

Murders In The Rue Morgue ( 1932) Bela Lugosi

Island of Lost Souls (1933) Charles Laughton & Bela Lugosi

Return of The Vampire (1944) Bela Lugosi

Man Made Monster (1941) Lon Chaney Jr

These negs can be used for both 16mm and super 8mm sound films. All but one title are mounted on cores. All negs are $100 each plus shipping. Take the entire lot and I will pay for the shipping anywhere in the US or Canada. D'Arcy

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 03, 2005 08:11 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hold That Ghost (1841) Abbott and Costello and Evelyn Ankers.

1841......I hope William Henry Harrison got to see Bud & Lou before he caught that pesky pneumonia. [Big Grin]

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2005 08:47 AM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi D'Arcy

Have you got any 16mm Positives for sale?

Why are you getting out of film?

D'Arcy More
Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2005 11:53 AM      Profile for D'Arcy More   Email D'Arcy More   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve..........no I don't have any positives of these prints. I am getting out of film and switching to a DVD projection system. The Optoma 31 which shows true black and white as opposed to Blue and White like most video systems do. I got tired of the high maintanence of film, the lack of variety in titles and the expense of it all as well. Not knocking it......it's just that it all caught up with me and I am feeling left behind when it comes to new releases. The thing that ticked me off was that I could spend up to $150 on a print from an Ebay seller and my friends could get the same film on DVD for $5 over at Walmart and have a better picture and sometimes even a more complete print. I loved film I truely did but the joy turned to a chore and when that happened I had to access the situation. The Optoma can sit in my projection booth exactly where my GS1200 sat and fill up my screen the same way complete with surround sound. My features sold very very well both on the forum and on Ebay. I'll be listing the remaining bunch of shorts on the forum..........shortly so watch out for it.

D'Arcy

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2005 03:35 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear that you're going over to DVD only... I've had a DLP projector for 2 years now and I love it - but it's in addition to my film collection, not as a replacement. More recent titles and stuff that I don't care as much about I'll buy on DVD, but the top notch older titles - those I want on film...

In 16mm there's a ton of stuff that is available that you just can't get on DVD, and the picture quality of 16mm is still better than any video projector I've seen... And nothing can beat the look of IB Technicolor -- absolutely stunning...

D'Arcy More
Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2005 04:49 PM      Profile for D'Arcy More   Email D'Arcy More   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve: I guess it also boils down to space/storage. Sometimes I feel I am living in an IKEA model home.......have to utilize the space the best to my ability. I never did collect 16mm due to the space. I have these negs here and I am tired of trippin over them. [Roll Eyes]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC