8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » D'Arcy's Spring and Summer Shorts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: D'Arcy's Spring and Summer Shorts
D'Arcy More
Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2005 01:25 PM      Profile for D'Arcy More   Email D'Arcy More   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok guys........here's a list of shorts, trailers, digests and such. Not as impressive as a Perry's List but, some rare stuff to be found. First come first serve. In the words of Jackie Gleason........and awaaaaaaaaay we go!

1. Star Wars - Both Ken 400 footers and the 200 footer spliced together onto an 800 foot Bonum reel with cannister. Color is still good on this. $30 SOLD

2. Empire Strikes Back - Both 400 footers spliced together on a Bonum 800 footer.......color again is still good and the bonus with this is an original trailer reel for Empire spliced on the end. $30 SOLD

3. Island Of Dr Moreau - this is one of those infamous optical sound prints. Mounted on 2 X 800 foot Bonum reels and cans. Color is still good and of course you need optical playback to run this. $40

4. We Faw Down - Laurel and Hardy 400 foot super 8 silent Blackhawk short. No music track. Light lines if any at all. $20

5. Two Tars - Laurel and Hardy 400 ft super 8 silent Blackhawk short WITH MUSIC TRACK. Very nice print with light lines. Very enjoyable. Mounted on Bonum reel with can. $20 SOLD

6. That's My Wife - Laurel and Hardy 400 ft super 8 silent short NO music track.....in original Blackhawk box. Light lines if any at all. $20

7. Sugar Daddies - Laurel and Hardy 400 ft super 8 silent short in very nice condition in original Blackhawk box. NO music track. $20

8. Weekend in Hollywood - Ok now this is a great reel and one you never see. An armchair tour of the radio stations in Hollywood in the late 30's early 40's. You will see clips of them recording Fibber Magee and Molly, You'll see Mel Blanc doing Porky Pig, Edgar Bergan and Charlie McCarthy rehearsing, Mantan Moreland doing a shtick plus lots more. 400 ft super 8 sound. Mounted on a Bonum reel and can. Light lines but very enjoyable. $30

9. Monster Bash Commercial Reel - (this is the first super 8 sound film I ever bought! [Frown] ) This was compiled by the man who wrote the novelization of The Empire Strikes Back.... Don Glut. about a dozen or more commercials from both the 60's and 70's and all of them have a monster/horror theme to them. You'll see everything from Toyota trucks to Boris Karloff plugging A-1 Steak sauce. Remember that old Shasta commercial with Frankenstein visiting a late night convience store? It's on here. Even the famous King Kong VW commercial. A very tough reel to find and sure to be a show pleaser. Mounted on a 400 foot Bonum Reel and Can. $50

10. House of Frankenstein - this is both the 200 foot Universal 8 editions spliced together for a more complete storyline. Super 8 sound of course. Mounted on a Bonum 400 foot reel and can...of course. Light lines if any at all. $25

12. Monsters We Have Known and Loved - Ok there are two different versions of this out there. The short one and the complete one. THIS IS THE COMPLETE ONE. Mounted on a 600 foot Bonum Reel with can. A 1960's documentary on the history of the horror film narrated by Joseph Cotton. Lots of rare footage including the famous promo Karloff and Lugosi did for The Black Cat. You'll even see rare rare footage of Lon Chaney Sr without makeup on the set of The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Really nice reel. As far as I recall this one may have had light lines but nothing horrific. $40 SOLD

13. Fantasia Night on Bald Mountain sequence. What can I say? I purchased this for the Lugosi tie in as he apparently posed for the creature in this sequence. Super 8 sound color (I want to say stereo too but not 100% on that) Mounted on a 400 foot Bonum reel with can. $30

14. The Devil Commands - This is a 400 foot Columbia digest with Karloff. Mounted on a 400 foot Bonum reel with can. Some lines but very enjoyable. $15

15. Boogieman Will Get You - Again another Karloff Coumbia digest this time he teams up with Peter Lorre in a comedy spoof of sorts. Mounted on a Bonnum 400 footer with can. Light lines. $15

16. A & C Meet Jekyll and Hyde - Ya know......you never see the 400 foot Universal 8 version of this. I never knew it existed as a 400 foot digest as all I ever saw was the 200 footer. The 200 footer I believe has scenes the 400 footer doesn't have. Light lines if any at all. $20 SOLD

17. Tricks of The Trade - This is a must for any animation fan. This is a 1957 armchair tour of the animation studios of Disney hosted by Walt himself. This was aired on The Wonderful World Of Disney. A half hour full color documentary on how they put together an animated film. Clips from Snow White, Fantasia, and more. Really Really well done and very very nostalgic. Beautiful condition. No commercials. Mounted on a Bonum 600 foot reel with Can. You won't regret buying this one. $50

18. Be Big - Laurel and Hardy 600 footer mounted on a Bonum reel with Can (I also still have the original box to this which will come with the film) Super 8 sound of course. And this print is near mint. $35 SOLD

19. Mondo Lugosi - I call this reel by that title simply because it's a compilation of Lugosi shorts. First we have the famous 30's Intimate Interview where he hams it up in front of the camera and spooks a sexy flapper reporter. Then we have his appearance on You Asked For It where he makes a girl disappear. Then finally we have the very odd Ed Wood backed short of a couple of girls doing some semi erotic stuff on a couch and Bela is doing the voiceover. I purchased all three shorts seperately and mounted them onto a 600 foot Bonum Reel w/ case. Tough to find all three of these shorts in one purchase. Black and white super 8 sound. Light lines if any. $50

20. Have You Got Any Castles? - This is a 1938 Looney Tunes 200 foot super 8 sound color cartoon. Book Characters come to life right off the shelves and do their thing. Frankenstein, Invisible Man, Jekyll and Hyde and more. Very well done. Color is still very good. As far as I can recall there were no lines on this. Mounted on a 400 foot Bonum Reel. 200 feet of film. $25

21. Murder In 3D - This is the MGM Pete Smith short where he visits a Haunted House and has everyone from Frankenstein to a wooden indian after him. You'll see some early 3D tricks in this one and yes I do have 3D glasses for you. Super 8 sound mounted on a 400 foot reel with 200 feet of film. Very good condition. $35 SOLD

22. Guess The Stars - I picked this up on Ebay a few years back. Watched it a couple of times and it was alot of fun so I am passing it on to you to have fun with it. Someone with a movie camera had access to meeting several movie stars of the 40's and filmed them heading in and out of the studios. I believe there is even a segment of Bob Hope judging a beauty contest. Lots of movie stars but no names given so you have to guess who they are. A really fun short that is STANDARD 8mm silent about 200 feet of film on a 400 footer. $15

23. Coming Atractions of Silent Days - Ok this is a JAM PACKED reel of silent movie trailers from 1927 I mean this is FILLED with probably over 25 trailers or more. The trailers back then were usually about a minute and a half in length so a lot are on this 400 foot reel. Westerns, dramas, comedies, and more. STANDARD 8MM SILENT. Mounted on a 400 footer with tin cannister. Very nice condition. $20

24. Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein on TV! - Ok this is a Kinoscope print of Lon Chaney Jr playing Frankenstein and menacing Bud and Lou in a haunted house. Very rare. 150 feet This is not the complete episode......only the segment. Very enjoyable and loads of fun. $20 SOLD

25. The Nickel Hopper (1927) Wow what a list of people behind this 3 reeler! Mabel Normand as the female Lead, Boris Karloff as The Villian, Oliver Hardy as the Drummer and Stan Laurel behind the scenes as a co writer! You don't see this one offered very often. Mounted on 1 X 400 and 1 X 200. Standard 8mm silent. No music track. Dunno who released this as it's in two different boxes. Light lines if any at all. $30

26. Jasper and the Haunted House (1942) This is a George Pal puppetoon of poor Jasper being hoodwinked into taking his mom's pie over to a haunted house with loads of laughs. Color is still good. Film does have some lines but a tough one to find for sure. 200 footer in plain box. $20

27. Rendevous and Revenge of Rendevous - These compilations were done by Cortland Hull in the 70's. You'll see clip after clip after clip of famous horror films with the music of Frank Sinatra singing Strangers In The Night and Watch What Happens. Lots of fun. Both are mounted on one 200 foot Bonum reel with cannister. Some light lines. $20

28. The Tell Tale Heart (1953) this is a Columbia short that apparantly won an Acadamy Award. This is a STANDARD 8MM SOUND short in the original box. It needs some splicing and some TLC so being sold as is. $10

29. The Mad Doctor (1933) This is a Disney short featuring a Pie Eyed Mickey Mouse and Pluto getting involved in a dream of Mickey's where he is trapped in a haunted house by a Mad Doctor. Black and white super 8 sound. Has some lines but lots of fun. 200 foot Derann release in original Derann box. $20

30. Runaway Brain (1995) An updated version of Mickey Mouse in trouble with Monsters. This one is an instant classic with Kelsey Grammer doing the voice of the Mad Monkey. Lots of fun in letterbox and stereo. Super 8 sound color mounted on 200 foot plain box. SOLD

31. Abbott and Costello Meet Jekyll and Hyde - This is the Castle Films (not universal 8) super 8 sound 200 footer in the original box. As I recall the film is in very good condition and the box has some scuffs and edgewear but very displayable nonetheless. $20

32. It Came From Outer Space - 200 foot Castle films release in the original box. Standard 8mm silent. $5

33. Making it With Magilla - Awwwwwww shucks I am going to miss this film! This is a cute 200 foot color sound Magilla Gorilla cartoon of him doing the 60's surf thing with surfer babes and dudes. Lots of fun! And guaranteed you'll be singing the Making It With Magilla song after you watch this. You won't be watching this one once.....that's how much fun it is. Mounted on a 200 foot plastic reel w/ cannister. $10

34. Battle of The Giants - Purchased this Universal 8 200 foot super 8 sound digest 2 years ago, new old stock. I took the shrink wrap off of it and viewed it once. Hence it's mint. Its a segment from One Million Years BC with Victor Mature, Carole Landis (who killed herself over her breakup with Rex "Dr Dolittle" Harrison) and Lon Chaney Jr. Plastic box with unstuck sticker label. $15 SOLD

35. Memories Of Silent Stars - This is a 2 X 200 foot Blackhawk documentary on movie stars of the Silent Era. Lon Chaney Sr must be on here as that would be the only reason I would have bought it. This is standard 8mm silent in the original Blackhawk boxes. As far as I remember condition is very good. $25

36. Hollywood History - This is a super 8 silent black and white 200 footer that is an armchair tour of old footage of the backlots of Hollywood. I think I kept this because there is footage of the Universal set seen in many Universal horror films. I beleive this is a blackhawk release.........not a Universal Studios souvenier Gift Shop purchase. Mounted on a Gepe reel with can. $15

37. Mickey Mouse Club - This is a 200 foot promo reel for the 50's TV show The Mickey Mouse Club. You'll see the entire gang of members including a teenage Annette Funicello. Lots of great footage. super 8 sound black and white. Mounted on a 400 footer. $20

38. Sherlock Holmes Trailer Reel - This is a Niles release of several Basil Rathbone Universal Trailers. Pearl of Death, Spider Woman, and more. I believe 5 or 6 different trailers in all. Super 8 sound 200 foot in orignal Niles box. Light lines if any at all. $25

39. Mummy's Ghost - this is a Mountain Films release I purchased a while back new old stock. I took the cellophane off and watched it once. Hence it's mint. 200 foot super 8 sound black and white digest. $15

40. Winnie The Pooh and Tigger Too - Yet another old store stock purchase. Black and white 200 foot super 8 sound Disney short in the original Disney box. Mint. $15

41. Silent Trailers #2 - Okay I guess this is yet another silent trailer reel I picked up along the way. Can't recall what is on this one. Niles films release in the original 200 foot box. STANDARD 8mm silent. $10

42. Psycho trailer reel - this is the infamous trailer that Hitchcock takes you on a personal tour of the set and gives you a semi plot summary. Very well done. I am told this sort of trailer is called a "production" trailer. Light lines. Super 8 sound black and white, plain box. $15

43. Thriller TV Promo - Ok this is a rare one and a really nice one at that. This is a 200 foot super 8 sound black and white promo that was put together to push the TV series THRILLER with Boris Karloff. Karloff appears in this several times and also a very young William Shatner. This is a Reel To Reel release in it's original box and I recall this being near mint. This is VERY tough to find in Super 8 sound as it had a limited release. $30

44. Another Fine Mess - This Laurel and Hardy 3 reeler is mounted on a 600 foot reel with Bonum case. As I recall it had some lines but is still very enjoyable. Super 8 sound. $20 SOLD

45. Abbott and Costello Show - Lou has a toothache and doesn't want to go to the dentist. Lots of laughs and you'll see a young Virginia Christine (Mrs Olson from Folgers Coffee who also was the female lead in The Mummy's Curse with Chaney Jr). This is a 600 foot super 8 sound show (no commercials) Bonum reel and case. Light lines if any at all. $20

46. That's My Wife - This Laurel and Hardy 400 footer is a Blackhawk Release mounted on on a Bonum reel with Can. Light lines if any. Super 8 sound of course. $20 SOLD

47. Midnight Patrol - Laurel and Hardy super 8 sound 400 footer mounted on Bonum reel and can. Light lines if any. $20 SOLD

48. Putting Pants On Philip - Laurel and Hardy 400 foot STANDARD 8mm silent Blackhawk print. NO music track. Mounted on Bonum reel and Can. Light lines if any. $20

49. Art Deco Trailer Reel - This is an oddity. About 300 feet super 8 sound. Starts off with these two flapper girls doing a tap dance whilst names of businesses are superimposed along the bottom. Proving once again that sex sells even back then. The rest of the reel I recall are several trailers of 30's films. My bad memory is your gain on this one. $20

50. Phantom OF The Opera - this is the Universal 8 release of the Claude Rains version. 400 foot super 8 sound color. Color is still ok and enjoyable. Original box. $20

51. The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh - 400 foot super 8 sound disney release in the original box. Full color. Compilation of 3 different shorts. Lots of fun for sure. It does have one line to the far right as I recall. $15

52, Hollywood and the Stars - The Great Directors. This is yet another Joseph Cotton narrated documentary on Hollywood. You'll see everyone from Cecil B Demille to David Lean in this wonderful documentary. 400 foot super 8 sound black and white. Very light lines if any at all. Plain box. 18 min in length. $30

53. Sons of The Desert - This is a 200 foot digest of sorts. Can't recall what scenes it has but is super 8 sound and being sold as is. $5

54. Sergeant Preston OF The Yukon - super 8 sound 600 foot color TV show. This episode has Preston's dog being blamed for the death of a gold minor. We know who did it but the truth doesn't come out til the end. Color is starting to turn but great fun none the less. $10

55. Flying Dueces - Yet another digest of sorts of Laurel and Hardy. Can't recall the quality of this one but a full 400 footer super 8 sound. Selling as is. $5

56. Twilight Zone - An Occurance At Owl Creek Bridge. This is the famous episode that was not done by the hands of the Twilight Zone crew but they were so impressed by it, they aired it. This is mounted on a 600 foot Bonum Reel with Can and even offers the original commercials and credits. Tough one to find in Super 8 Sound. Light lines if any. $35 SOLD

57. Mark Of The Vampire - this is a super 8 sound production trailer with Bela Lugosi narrating and on camera telling you about the film. about 75 feet and stone dead mint. $20

58. Scanners - this is a 50 foot super 8 sound color trailer to the David Cronenberg film. Includes the famous head exploding scene. Light lines if any. $15

59. Meet Me In St Louis - Judy Garland super 8 sound black and white trailer. $7 SOLD

60. Picture of Dorian Grey - super 8 sound black and white trailer. $7 SOLD

61. Man of a Thousand Faces - Super 8 sound black and white trailer. $10

62. FREAKS - super 8 sound trailer for the 60's reissue. One of my fave horror films. $7 SOLD

63. The Mummy - Super 8 sound Realart trailer to the Karloff classic. $10

64. Kid From Brooklyn - super 8 sound black and white trailer to this Danny Kaye film. $7

65. High Sierra - Super 8 sound black and white trailer. Bogart Classic. Mint. $10

66. Key Largo - super 8 sound black and white trailer. Bogart Classic. mint. $10

67. Secret Life of Walter Mitty - Danny Kaye Meets Boris Karloff while chasing the skirt of Virginia Mayo. Super 8 sound black and white trailer. $7

68. Treasure of the Sierre Madre - Super 8 sound black and white trailer. Bogart classic. Mint. $10

69. Bishops Wife - Super 8 sound black and white production trailer with Cary Grant, Loretta Young and David Niven talking to the camera about their film. $7

70. Frankenstein - Boris Karloff super 8 sound Realart trailer mint. $10

71. My Son The Vampire - Bela Lugosi and Arthur Lucan. Original UK trailer to this 50's comedy. $15

72. Cobra Woman - Super 8 sound color trailer starring the oh so sexy Maria Montez. Lon Chaney Jr makes an appearance as well as Sabu. $15 SOLD

73. Man on The Eiffel Tower - Standard 8mm sound trailer to this Charles Laughton Thriller. $5

74. I was a Teenage Werewolf - Super 8 sound trailer. Original trailer to this AIP horror classic. Tough to find in super 8. $10

75. Little Mermaid and Mickey's Xmas trailers - both on one reel and both super 8 sound color. As far as I recall near mint. $15

Ok guys.........that's it! Shipping will be determined upon how many you buy of course. I ship worldwide (don't you just hate those ebayers that don't!) Drop me a line at moreintheattic@cogeco.ca to reserve your titles. I accept Paypal if that helps.

Many thanks to you all.

D'Arcy

[ June 29, 2005, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: D'Arcy More ]

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 04, 2005 03:07 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm interested in Runaway Brain (#30) but you forgot to name a price with it. [Cool]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

D'Arcy More
Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2005 03:45 PM      Profile for D'Arcy More   Email D'Arcy More   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeeze of all the ones listed! ok....$25. Thanks for the heads up

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC