8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Star Wars Trailers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Star Wars Trailers
Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2005 09:19 AM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking for any and all Star Wars trailers from Episodes 1-6. I probably would to hear more offers for the older films since I know that, if I have to, I can order the episode 1-3 trailers from Reel Image. The episode 3 trailer just came out on the reel image by the way. But I'll still take all offers. I don't have much to trade so I guess I'm buying from whoever is selling.

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 17, 2005 07:13 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you looking strictly for super-8 trailers? I'm assuming that although eBay is practically drowning in 35mm trailers, you have little use for that format [Wink] however (and I don't really know this) maybe you can find Star Wars trailers in 16mm format...

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2005 09:57 AM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I've come across 16mm trailers and I may try to get some, but for now I'm just looking for Super 8.

--------------------

Six and Bisti

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2005 10:49 AM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, I'm also looking for the digests. I have the first two but I'd like another copy of the second one. It's supposed to have the Cantina scene but it's nowhere to be found and the reel appears to be full. And I don't have either of the Empire Strikes Back digests. So I'm looking for those too.

--------------------

Six and Bisti

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2005 01:43 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody have anything to offer? Trailers, digests?

--------------------

Six and Bisti

Chris Drumma
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2005 02:27 PM      Profile for Chris Drumma   Email Chris Drumma   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the 200ft digest of selected scenes in super color and sound. If interested let me know. It mainly has the millenium falcon in it.
Chris

Michael Clark
Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2005 06:25 PM      Profile for Michael Clark   Email Michael Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The original Star Wars theatrical trailer, 50 ft Super 8 has just been listed on e-bay. Item number 6399221438. [Smile]

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2005 08:48 AM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll do the best I can to win it [Smile] By the way to anyone thaty would've offered, I just got both Empire Strikes Back digests. Just curious though, I know Derann(or a similar company) released the pod race scene from episode 1 on super 8, but have there been any others released from that movie or episode 2 for that matter? Or is there anything created by anyone of the Return of The Jedi that is more than a trailer but less than the full movie? I know there was never a digest made since those faded out with the popularity of VCRs.

--------------------

Six and Bisti

Chris Drumma
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2005 11:20 AM      Profile for Chris Drumma   Email Chris Drumma   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ernie,
I have those also. Great digests. I also found both star wars digests. I too have been looking for the return of the jedi digests but have been told they didn't make one. If you do find a source please let me know. I will do likewise.
Chris

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2005 12:49 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will do. It's not impossible that a digest was made. I was told that Raiders of The Lost Ark Digest was never released on Super 8 because of the popularity of VCRs, but it was released by Paramount in Germany. I found a copy but it was a better deal to get the full length version from Derann, that's how much it was. :pSo there could be a Return of The Jedi digest, it may just be very rare. But I'll still let you know.

--------------------

Six and Bisti

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted May 23, 2005 05:44 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can get star wars 3, 4, 5 all on low fade super 8 sound full length, but I suppose you know that, the best bet really. I think there were some on pual fosters list recently.OR try Classic home cinema, sure they had something.
Best Mark.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 23, 2005 10:17 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do believe you mean 4, 5 and 6. [Wink]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 24, 2005 04:16 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Why dont you try Derann as I think they probably do them all new.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2005 06:25 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I might've mis-written something. I'm not looking to buy feature length prints of the Star Wars movies I was jst saying if there is a Return ?Of The Jedi digest out there it'd be so expensive that it's be cheaper to get the full length print. I'm just looking for extracts, digests, and trailers.

And I think I'm depleted of cash for now [Razz] So I'm gonna wait for my wallet to swell up again before I buy anything else. I know have all the digests. [Smile] The two Empire Strikes Back digests haven't arrived yet, does anyone know what scenes are in them?

[ May 24, 2005, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Ernie Zahn ]

--------------------

Six and Bisti

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 25, 2005 02:22 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ernie, the 2x400ft digest of TESB is great, and you don't have to cut it and splice it back in order, like you have to do for the Star Wars two-parter. You get most of the story in 35 minutes, with highlights such as the Hoth Battle, Asteroid Field, Meeting with Yoda, Bespin Duel.

Be aware, though, that two essential bits are missing from the cut-down:

1/ You don't see Han Solo being frozen in carbonite, so the character suddenly disappears from the story, only to be mentionned later by Lando, when he says that Han can still be saved.

2/ The "I am your father" line as been left out of the Luke/Vader lightsaber duel.

Also, something that I noticed several times: reel #1 has a tendency to fade faster than reel #2. Not as bad as the Cineavision Scope version of Star Wars reel#2, but still turning pinkish.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2005 09:56 AM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, I guess that's why when I asked the person I bought them from how the codition was of the prints, he said the first reel is slightly red and the second is almost perfect.

--------------------

Six and Bisti

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC