8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » iso "Now Voyager"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: iso "Now Voyager"
Michael Clark
Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2006 08:02 AM      Profile for Michael Clark   Email Michael Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In search of super 8 version of "Now Voyager" with Bette Davis. Does anyone know if this ever came out on super 8?

Thanks! [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2006 12:33 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
hi there,i dont think now vog.was ever released on super8mm.perhaps other members;ie usa will know more.ive never seen it here in the u.k.hopes this helps a little.cheers andy.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2006 02:14 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael-

Derann had put this on a film list as a "future release" in the mid-90's. I believe they later cancelled the release, possibly due to problems finding a suitable negative. I'm not sure if any prints were ever printed before the project was abandoned.

BTW-
I just watched this movie for the first time two weeks ago (from the Bette Davis DVD boxed set). I must say, it is now my favorite Davis movie, and possibly my favorite movie from that era. From production quality, to the acting, just a great movie!

Nick.

Michael Clark
Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2006 06:45 PM      Profile for Michael Clark   Email Michael Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info guys. Oh well, I'll have to be content with the DVD version! [Smile]

Eberhard Nuffer
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2006 06:23 PM      Profile for Eberhard Nuffer   Email Eberhard Nuffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you really sure it was never released? I have a 1990 Derann catalogue that lists "Now Voyager" to be available on 4x600ft spools, order number F1590. Isn't anybody of the Derann boys on the forum who can confirm???
At least a trailer of "Now Voyager" was available on Super 8 from Canterbury Films...

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 04, 2006 06:53 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan was our guy on the forum. Alas he is no longer with Derann.

I will contact Derann and see if I can get one of the other guys interested in joining up.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC