8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » For sale: Misc. Blackhawk 400-footers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For sale: Misc. Blackhawk 400-footers
Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 21, 2006 02:32 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have some b/w silent prints to get rid of... (all are super-8):

Buster Keaton in Cops
Laurel & Hardy in Dirty Work (Blackhawk released this silent with title cards)
Charlie Chaplin in The Cure
Charlie again in The Adventurer - this one has a musical soundtrack, not sure if someone striped & recorded it after the fact as I don't know of a Blackhawk sound release of this movie... Heavy line near right edge of image throughout

And a feature on 1x800ft + 1x600ft: Buster Keaton in College... Not Blackhawk, rather dark print and with a somewhat unsteady image, some lines, still enjoyable...

Asking $10 plus shipping for each... if interested, you know what to do [Wink]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted August 21, 2006 04:20 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ADVENTURER was released with a music/effects track, courtesy of van Beuren orchestra, in the 30's when Chaplins were re-released, so you may have a scored print - Preprint was always a bit dark on this short, if there's a line on the right or left I never had that on mine, if the image is clear enough then it's a decent print to own - All the Chaplin Mutuals (1916-17), a baker's dozen were released by Blackhawk scored, there is also the chance that someone bought a silent print and striped it and recorded their own - Silents started with an 860 as the lead numbers and the sound prints start with 880, located on the boxtop edge label - Any help, don't hesitate - Shorty

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 21, 2006 10:30 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info Joe [Smile] unfortunately my print of ADVENTURER is missing the original leaders as well as the box so I don't know whether it was originally silent (unstriped) or not. FWIW, it only has a main stripe, no balance stripe... The print quality is typical Blackhawk (very good), the line is thanks to whoever had this print before me...

--------------------

Cohen Phillips
Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2006 02:43 AM      Profile for Cohen Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Cohen Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan I'm interested in College. Does it have a sound track?

--------------------
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/Hulk03/DCRbanner.jpg[/IMG]
http://blogtalkradio.com/DCR

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 22, 2006 10:10 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, everything except The Adventurer is b/w and silent... I replied to your PM as well [Cool]

--------------------

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 23, 2006 08:37 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
College is now sold!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC