8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » 3 Super Features F/S

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3 Super Features F/S
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted September 13, 2006 07:40 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just listed 3 super 8 sound features on Ebay. They're in near mint condition with original boxes. These auctions will not start until 8 o'clock EST Thursday night(09/14/06)and cannot be viewed until that time.
Thanks. [Smile] Check it out;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&item=280028207090&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESC%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&item=280028206760&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESC%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&item=280028206331&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESC%3AIT&rd=1

[ September 13, 2006, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: Dan Lail ]

|  IP: Logged

Robert Wales
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2006 10:42 PM      Profile for Robert Wales   Email Robert Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your listing for the Chaplin films brought back some memories. As I recall, when these prints were first offered weren't they only offered for long-term lease with some sort of time limit ? Was that ever enforced, or were you able to renew or outright purchase ?

Or am I just nuts ?

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted September 13, 2006 11:25 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh, Robert, I don't know the answer to that. I purchased these from the original owner. No clues to that info with the films. Maybe a google search would shed some light. I'll bet someone on the forum knows the answer.

I had to edit the initial F/S post above because I made a mistake in the listing of all three films and had to end the auctions and restart them. [Embarrassed] They still have the same descriptions and starting price($9.99) and are still near mint. [Big Grin]

Dimitrios Kremalis
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2006 02:38 PM      Profile for Dimitrios Kremalis   Email Dimitrios Kremalis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, How is the sharpness of both Chaplin films? How do they compare with the Blackhawk prints?
Modern Times looks a bit soft in your scans, but then it may be my impression or the camera.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 15, 2006 03:08 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert,

Here is the link where we discussed the Blackhawk Chaplin lease. Of course, this doesn't rule out the "just nuts" possibility. [Big Grin]

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted September 15, 2006 03:27 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dimitrios, the characters were always in motion, so it was hard get a shot of someone standing still. The photo of the Ringmaster(The Circus) is a still shot. I guess that is the screen shot that would best determine the sharpness of focus on the Chaplins. The L&H Blackhawk is a bit washed.

The physical condition of all three features is pristine with no splices and all lab leaders intact. And the starting bid is $9.99. [Eek!]

[ September 15, 2006, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Dan Lail ]

Robert Wales
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2006 04:30 PM      Profile for Robert Wales   Email Robert Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Doug .

Funny how I can remember Super 8 info from 30 years ago but I sometimes can't remember who I'm calling by the time I'm finished dialing the telephone ! [Big Grin]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC