8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: Clamshell Cases

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Clamshell Cases
Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2007 09:57 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all, I'm looking for clamshell cases for 400' reels. Those kind of cases that have insert covers. They used them for MGM and 20th Century prints. I figured there are people out there who have spliced ones like Star Wars onto larger reels and just have those packagings collecting dust. Well I'm in the market to buy! [Big Grin] So if you're in the same market to sell then let me know! bfssales@gmail.com

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

|  IP: Logged

Michael Clark
Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2007 11:15 PM      Profile for Michael Clark   Email Michael Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ernie, I've sent you an e-mail.

Mike.

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2007 02:06 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got few, Michael! Does anyone have any more? Like those Warner Bros, 20th Century, or MGM release clamshell cases? Maybe if you had edited two parters to larger reels and the clamshells are jjst hangin around? Let me know:-) bfssales@gmail.com

--------------------

Six and Bisti

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 02, 2007 12:06 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ernie,

There are plenty here (Clamshell & Jewel Case) that sed to be for reel to reel tape. They are exactly fit to 400 feet reel. But I don't think it is worth to send to USA. I believe you can find that around you.

The tricky thing is that the clamshell does not have a way to insert the paper. So you have to cut the plastic in giving way for the paper. After that you stick it using celuloid tape or glue. I did it for some films.

thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2007 10:23 AM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
o ok interesting. I'd like to find some around here, just don't know where to look. Radio Shack doesn't carry them, and ebay had no reults last time. But I guess I'll keep looking. Did you get my last e-mail?

--------------------

Six and Bisti

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC