8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » It's a Wonderful Life

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's a Wonderful Life
Sam James
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2007 06:28 PM      Profile for Sam James   Email Sam James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always wanted to own and show this film on a large screen. There is currently a copy, with splices, on eBay. Does anyone in the UK have a fine quality copy to sell or an idea of how high I should bid?
Thanks Sam
p.s. Just 2 days to go on the auction.

|  IP: Logged

Sam James
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2007 03:22 PM      Profile for Sam James   Email Sam James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bid £100 for it and lost by £1 as I wasn't prepared to stay up until the crack of sparrow's fart to watch. Actually I find in a slightly British it's-not-a-proper-auction-if-it's-down-to-the-fastest-finger-at-the-last-minute way, the whole eBay thing infuriating.
Also missed out on Classic Home Cinema's copy of "Some Like It Hot" by a couple of days.
If anybody out there has either of these classics on S8 in good nick, I'd pay a decent price for them.
Anyone?
Regards, Sam

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 11, 2007 03:29 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate that sniping program business too with people not even actually there bidding.
You can wait ten days then not end up getting the film or end up paying more than you need have done.
Best Mark.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 11, 2007 09:41 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually , I haven't heard too much of those "sniping" bids. I know that I personally won't even put a bid on it till the last minute, as the less people the other buyers know are interested, the less they are willing to bid.

I saw that print as well on there, but i wasn't about to pay 200.00 for that title. I'm hoping that a few extra copies of that will show up on ebay later on, as well as on ebay U.K., though I rarely even look at ebay U.K. anymore, just due to the bad dollar. The last two auctions I won over there, I paid more for the shipping than the item ... deplorable!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2007 10:30 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure if all copies were done by Blackhawk or Niles. But for your nformation, my copy came on 8 x 400 foot reels to be complete. Not every reel was real full though. Hope this info helps somebody!

Happy Thanksgiving To All 2007

Michael Hyde
Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2007 12:37 PM      Profile for Michael Hyde   Email Michael Hyde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine too is a Niles print,bought around twenty years ago,from Derann when they were selling off thier 8mm library prints,still as good today as it was then and a good film to own and watch

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 26, 2007 02:22 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael it really isn`t fair you living in Dudley. I think in all fairness to the rest of us, you should move !!!
Best Mark.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2007 09:50 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can run but you can't Hyde.

Sorry couldn't resist that one.

You could go in to business making sure we get the titles we want. Email Mike, he goes in and speaks with Gary B.

[Big Grin]

Michael Hyde
Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2007 12:35 PM      Profile for Michael Hyde   Email Michael Hyde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sure do,my second home,i well remember when they moved into thier present premises,a former Wesley car showroom,and it being opened by Barbara Windsor,by the way,on uk ebay,a 16mm copy of Wonderfull Life up for grabs(not mine)

Sam James
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2007 01:45 PM      Profile for Sam James   Email Sam James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And you definitely don't want to flog yours?
Sam

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 27, 2007 03:02 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a 16mm print of this title up for sale on Ebay for anyone who's interested!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/16mm-film-ITS-A-WONDERFUL-LIFE-B-W-1946-FRANK-CAPRA_W0QQitemZ150188316465QQihZ005QQcategoryZ35064QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Don't know the seller, but, if anyone's interested, ask a few questions -"A JOY FROM START TO FINISH" is not a description of the print!!!

-Mike.

Michael Hyde
Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2007 04:16 PM      Profile for Michael Hyde   Email Michael Hyde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sam, no not as yet, but i might consider selling sometime in the new year,if so ill post it here first

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2007 04:36 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it my imagination or does that 16mm print on ebay look as if the highlights have burned out-the shot of the guy with the white jacket. Or perhaps it is a "dodgy" picture. anyone know the seller?

--------------------
Tony

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2007 08:22 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's got a good feedback record, having sold "Film Product" before. Looking through his feedback I recognise some of his buyers and some are members of the forum i.e. Barry from Indie 8.
Perhaps Barry could enlighten us further?

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 28, 2007 01:56 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its hard to be sure, but, I think the camera may be to blame for the poor screenshots there. There are quite a few poor dupes of this title out there - my gut feeling is this one looks ok. But I would be asking a few questions re: contrast, if I were going to bid.

-Mike.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC