8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » From Russia With Love (Abridged) Super Eight Feature For Sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: From Russia With Love (Abridged) Super Eight Feature For Sale
Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2008 05:23 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Super Eight "abridged" optical airline print of "From Russia With Love" for sale. Either it was abridged by Cubby Broccoli for airline use or it is abridged from previous running's. It's mounted on three Bonum 600 foot reel's and in Bonum cases. I am accepting offer's at this time. I prefer a USA sale. Believe me this is rare. Try to find another one!

Thank's,

--Tom Pennock (tapennock@aol.com)

[ August 05, 2008, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: Tom A. Pennock ]

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 05, 2008 07:39 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who's Cubby Bricolli?

At any rate, I sent you an e-mail.

OSI

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2008 08:06 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, Cubby Broccoli produced the original Bond films! What kind of "film god" are you not knowing that! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2008 08:18 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, he supervised these print's as far as lab work and quality control. He made sure they would ONLY be out in optical sound to control them. The agreement was for these to be destroyed after the airline's used them. But Ray Courts got to them in time thankfully!!! These airline print's are of far better picture quality than the German 007 prints because he had access to the original studio negatives. The pre-print that was used was really good.

--Tom

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 05, 2008 08:53 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a film God? Hey, I've never been an expert on Bond, (except for oogling Miss MoneyPenny! Drool! What were you thinking Bond? She's babe-a-licious!)

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted August 06, 2008 12:42 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Broccoli's lab prints were truly green. [Big Grin]

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2008 10:22 AM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's funny Dan!

Best, Tom

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 06, 2008 11:55 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me want Russia, and the lovin that goes along with it!

--------------------

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2008 03:57 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This print might very well be on unmarked LPP "low fade" stock. The pre-print say's either 1984 or 1986. The color is good!

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2008 05:02 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, the reason I said "film god" is not because I think you are one, it is because it says that under your name on your posts....why? I have no idea [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 06, 2008 07:13 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, it must be because I have written so many posts that they upgrade you when you get up to a certain point. Though I have a good deal of film info on films ...

... and who in thier right mind would name thier child "Cubby"?!

--------------------

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2008 10:33 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi:

Cubby was Mr. Broccoli's nickname. His full name is Albert R. Broccoli and yes his Uncle introduced this vegetable to this country.

--TP

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 07, 2008 08:55 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, your joking about Broccoli? How could one man have so much to do with one of the greatest film franchises in the world, and yet, introduce such a disgusting vegetable to america?!

(Okay, Broccoli with a thick cheddar cheese sauce is alright!)

--------------------

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2008 07:06 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
jeez,Osi,I'd KILL for broccoli-love it! [Wink]

--------------------
Trevor

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 16, 2008 11:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... and to think just the other day I saw a whole crate of un-spoiled Brocoli outside the back of a supermarket, just being thrown out!

... and notice that we have completely went off topic. HAH! [Razz]

(You ever notice that this Trevor has a fine beard?) [Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 17, 2008 12:12 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Every time I see Trev's picture, he reminds me of Santa Claus! Every Christmas Eve I dream of Trev coming down my chimney with a brand new Pathescope Son and a sackload of 9.5mm sound prints. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 17, 2008 12:41 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bravo Paul!

I just wish that I had the determination to let my beard grow out, but I always trim it down to a goatee, then get rid of it altogether.

I would be curious to see the image quality of these Bond Films, as coming from the original pre-print materials, (original studio negative stuff), it won't have the inevitable artifice that comes with copy after copy, no matter how good the copying is.

I have noted this with optical sound Super 8's in general and it is probably why they have "Derann Quality" levels, in regards to sharpness image, ect. It's a shame that so many of the prints were printed on a quick fade Eastman, but take a gander at the non faded ones, (L.P.P. stock, for instance), and the sharpness and other qualities are about the best you could hope for, and beyond. I still marvel over my print of "Braodway Danny Rose"!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC