8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Live & Let Die S8 Feature (Spanish Sound)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Live & Let Die S8 Feature (Spanish Sound)
Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2008 08:29 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am offering a Super Eight "optical sound" feature airline print of "Live & Let Die" with Roger Moore. It has a spanish soundtrack. I had to have it because hearing Roger and other's talking (dubbed) in spanish is pretty funny.

The first $50.00 USD's takes it. I prefer a USA sale.

Thank's,

--Tom (tapennock@aol.com)

|  IP: Logged

Xavier Gascon
Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2008 12:29 AM      Profile for Xavier Gascon   Email Xavier Gascon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello you've a private email. I hope you ship to spain [Wink]

Kindest Regards
Xavier

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2008 12:46 AM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This print is on hold. These Bond airline prints appear to be on unmarked LPP low fade film stock. This print say's it was struck in 1986. So definately it's NOT regular eastman then but a low fade stock of some kind.

[ August 06, 2008, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: Tom A. Pennock ]

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 06, 2008 05:12 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Why I wonder were they were striking these bond films for Airlines in 1986 when they did the original circuits during the 60 and 70's. I thought the airlines showed current releases.

Out of interest Tom, where does it say they were 1986 prints as airline prints never have any leaders?

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2008 10:13 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kev:

My print's have some of the original lab leader's. It tell's the date the pre-print was assembled. Like 8/4/84 or 7/5/86. These definately do have the original leader's. They all seem to have been struck in the early 1980's up until 1986. These Bond print's must be on unmarked "low fade" LPP being after 1981.

Best, Tom

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 07, 2008 04:17 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
LPP didn't come in till 1982 and even then it took the labs a while to use their old stocks up first.

I still cant work out why these earlier Airline prints would be restruck again as the Airline would normally show the current films of the time. Strange.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 08, 2008 07:29 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is an interesting question Kevin.

Unless those who owned the rights to the Bond films got wind that those who ran the airline enterainment centers were willing to pay to have them screened on thier flights. Follow the money!

Also, could all of these early 80's Bond film releases (60's films), also been re-released in movie theaters around that time, so since they were released to theaters, the optical Super 8 distributors tended to release as optical releases whatever was available.

Remember that in the early 80's, Sean Connery had come back with "Never Say Never Again", (A Derann 2X600 scope release, if I remember correctly. In fact, I think I had a print for awhile), and so, having the best Bond back on the screen, wanted to cash in on his popularity again.

After all, even as of the 1980's with very few VHS out there, (or relatively few), the only venues for these films was either on network (as a general rule) TV, or the occasional re-release in the theaters.

That's my answer.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Xavier Gascon
Film Handler

- posted September 01, 2008 08:50 AM      Profile for Xavier Gascon   Email Xavier Gascon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

print received, it's a great print, the colors film it's a little faded but the colors are still on the print. For 50$ an excellent print and a very rare piece.

Another bond for my collection [Wink]

Thanks Tom
Xavier

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted September 01, 2008 02:10 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank's Xavier!

It was great doing business with you. I wish they were low fade print's but even Kodak SP 007 films are becoming more difficult to find now. Ray Courts saved these from being destroyed. The airlines had an agreement with United Artists to destroy these print's after airline use. But Ray got some of them. Too bad they don't have mag track's but that was another way for UA to control the films. To print optical tracks on them.

All The Best,
--Tom

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC