8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » CROCODILE DUNDEE FOR SALE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CROCODILE DUNDEE FOR SALE
Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2008 08:25 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Accepting offers for this airline optical full feature print.

Warming colors, but not faded pink. Generally good condition. This is a flat print @ 1:33. The opening credits on reel 1 are extremely letter boxed. After the opening credits, it returns to full frame flat for the rest of the print. English sound only with no subtitles.

Mounted on 3 x 600 foot reels.

All sales to be paid in full and are final. No exceptions.

Paypal preferred.

SHIPPING & HANDLING:

USA: $5.00 *

REST OF WORLD: 19% *

* Includes Paypal fees.

I am not putting this on Ebay.

|  IP: Logged

Edouard Dubertret
Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2008 12:09 PM      Profile for Edouard Dubertret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello Chip,
Could you send me an e-mail with price and shipping to France?
edouarddubertet (at)hotmail (dot) com
Best Edouard

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 14, 2008 05:52 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's definitely worth getting. Very sharp. I have a print as well, and I was struck by how widescreen the credits were. It was literally cinemascope, or only slightly off, am I right Chip?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2008 09:07 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
September 16th. Film is now sold.

CG

[ September 16, 2008, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: Chip Gelmini ]

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 17, 2008 05:05 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Chip, I want to take you to task about the "All sales are final without exceptions" part.

Sorry but I'm going to be upfront here. There have been titles you have listed which I too would have been interested in but that trailer has always put me off.

To put such a hard statement at the end of your film sales suggests to me that the buyer might find the film not up to the quality they would expect or that you know a little more about the quality than you willing to put down in the ad.
I don't think your doing yourself any favors with that remark at the end.

I can tell you now that if I bought a film off you and the quality was crap you would get it back [Eek!]

Think twice about your wording, Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2008 08:24 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting Chip that you call the colours warming; Dundee was 1986, LPP came in in 1983? Is it another stock? I don't know of any post LPP prints fading, could it just be a washed out transfer?

On Kevin's point, I can see where you are coming from Chip, but in all my years (28) selling film I have always offered a complete refund, no questions asked. I have never had to refund yet!

David

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 17, 2008 08:52 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must come to Chip's aid here, concerning this specific print.

My print of this has just the slightest warming to it. Faces are just a little more "tan" than usual, nothing more. I believe that the optical super 8's used Kodak SP longer as it was still available for a good while. I think that this is because the Super 8 market died a lot quicker than any of the manufacturing companies thought it would, so there was a surplus of this film stock.

I can see both sides of this issue, both Chip's and Kevins.

I understand where your coming from Kevin, as I would hate to get a print that wasn't all it was cracked up to be, and not having any real chance to return it, (unless both parties were members of this forum, and it would be bad blood to shaft a fellow member, as that would get around.

Yet, on the other side of the coin, I have personally ran into people that have bought prints from me privately (or on ebay), perfectly good prints and the person has probably watched it once and decided, "Okay, I've had my fun, now I want my money back", and then badger the person un til they eventually, (probably) knuckle under and return the money to also have returned a now further used print. In one case, the print I recieved back had an enormous scratch now running through the film, and I couldn't possibly re-sell it again.

I know that when I resell one of my own prints, it's only because I'm in need for cash for the household, and having to return money that's been used on potential house costs, ect. is rather rough.

So, I know where your coming from Kevin, and I know your not being harsh, but I understand where your coming from, Chip, both valid sides to the same "reel",

a "reel" balancing act.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2008 09:01 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will consider your request in the future Kevin.

I am not trying to be mean or anything. I feel I describe these prints the best I can. Having to deal with a return or refund is something that I would rather not do. The same applies for the buyer as well. Nobody wants to get stuck.

Indicating that all sales are final with no exceptions does no harm. If anyone would question that with me I'd rather keep the print and avoid the situation altogether.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 17, 2008 09:52 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I`m with Kev on this one Chip, the way people grade films varies so much person to person and that affects the value a great deal.
I`ve had films over the years described as good colour, well I`m sure you can guess the rest.

But especially on condition there are so very many variables etc too.

Of course if you describe the film right on, you don`t need the above statements anyway, even better slightly underdescrbe it if a seller wants no comeback at all.

I think its better to still be there to negotiate or reasses if needed.

But at least you make the statement in advance of the sale not afterwards. And I think your grading is likely very fair.

Best Mark.

Have you ever returned any films Chip ?? just out of interest.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2008 09:14 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In 30 years of collecting, maybe 3 or 5 mag films for poor sync.

I've been taken for optical films on Ebay, as well as 16mm projectors when I have purchased. And on all of those sales, the seller did what I did.....described somewhat and still said all sales final.

Three of the 16mm machines went to the dump.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 19, 2008 09:07 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats the trouble with ebay, I have no doubt you describe things OK chip but that selling with no comebacks thing is mainly a way for people to sell crap quite knowingly, and we have all been had like that.
Its not fair or right at all, and ebay is big culprit letting people do that and keep on trading even when they get info to that effect.
But I do think we as fair collectors etc can afford a little more lee-way.

Best Mark.

Edouard Dubertret
Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2008 04:27 PM      Profile for Edouard Dubertret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Chip,

I received the film yesterday.
As you said the color is a little warm but the film is in great shape! And definitly I'm very happy to have it in my collection!
So, don't want to return it. [Big Grin]

Hope to deal with you again.
Edouard

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 02, 2008 05:15 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Edouard, thats very good that you have left Chip some "positive feedback" [Big Grin]

Very often films get sold via the forum but there is never any feedback as to the eventual film quality etc.

It would be a great idea if more people did this as it would be a help to other prospective buyers.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2008 08:48 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Eduardo. Good to hear it arrived safe. Footloose is still available if anyone is interested. Same general quality as Crocodile D.

$140.00 includes shipping to anywhere in the world. Optical sound film print.

~CG~

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC