8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted Scooby Doo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted Scooby Doo
Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2008 11:41 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just putting the finishing touches to this years Halloween party for the kids and I am looking for any Scooby Doo titles in colour & sound. I am only after the 400ft versions and not the 200ft ones.

Any members with a copy for sale, please post reply or contact me via email. craighamilton39(at)btinternet(dot)com

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2008 12:06 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Craig,I've been trying to get hold of you,give me a ring please or e-mail me thanks Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 19, 2008 02:33 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hear you Craig! I'd love to have a Scooby Doo 400ft! I already have the Flinstones and Jetsons in 400ft, but Scooby Doo would be a real find!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Edouard Dubertret
Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2008 07:26 AM      Profile for Edouard Dubertret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At my knowledge, the 200ft techno film reels could be splice together to have a whole episode of Scooby Doo. It's the same with goldorak...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 20, 2008 10:07 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I take it the Technofilm versions would take one episode and make three 200ft releases of it? (as, it would take three 6 or seven minute cartoons to make one 30 minute segment of Scooby Doo, as the early stories were one full 22 minute episode long, minus ads.

--------------------

Edouard Dubertret
Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2008 11:34 AM      Profile for Edouard Dubertret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have 6 or 7 200ft reels of Scooby Doo released by techno film and on this 200ft reels you have just the begining or the end of an episode.To have an episode, you must have the two 200ft extract of the episode. For example, with the film SC1055 + SC1056, you have an episode with a mysterious robot in an attraction park the night.

Yes, you are alright Osi, I don't know if this is the "whole" episode but seems to be, because you don't have any credits...

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2008 08:37 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 400 ft Techno Scooby with original box ..it is The Backstage Rage. Color still good. You can tell it has had some editing, but not much. Found it on Ebay this past year. Runs about 20 minutes or so.

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2008 12:58 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[URL=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCOOBY-DOO-SUPER-8MM-FILM-1978_W0QQitemZ260288384670QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260288384670&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trks id=p3286.c0.m14]Have you seen this on Ebay?[/URL]
Cheers
Terry

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 22, 2008 01:17 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary,

Does that 400ft have the original opening theme song and animation? (You know, the haunted house, the bats fly by and
the spooky lettering of Scooby Doo appears?

If you don't, believe it or not, you can end up placing it on your film, but with a little difficultly.

A kids toy company called "Pocketflix" which had little round cassettes of about a minute of film each, released a Scooby Doo pocketflix. The little one minute scene was actually the whole opening.

There's just one catch ...

It's not in sound. So, if you can find it, and add mag stripe to it AND record off of a DVD or some scource, PRESTO!!
You can have the complete opening!

--------------------

Edouard Dubertret
Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2008 02:44 PM      Profile for Edouard Dubertret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Osi,

It's a great idea!! find a picture of the Scooby Doo Pocketflix movie viewer! here :
 -
I will try to find one.

Edouard

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 22, 2008 08:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Boy Edouard!

That really brings back some really fun memories!! and the very cassette it came with was Scooby Doo!! I forgot that! I think that the players actually came with different titles, so if you find a brand new one, verify that it comes with Scooby Doo.

I had so much fun with these pocketflix movies. I actually was able to safely crack open the cassettes, and I put in clips from Star Wars and other stuff, even home movies in it.

As far as I know, it was the first battery operated player in America (that is, for kids), the earlier ones were hand cranked.

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 23, 2008 12:48 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found some player like that (not necessarily from "Pocket Flix") used LPP stock.

And some use 14-16 fps to save footage.

Finally, I heard Derann still printed for a Hong Kong company until 2000s.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 23, 2008 10:18 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The great thing about "Pocket Flix" was that they didn't limit them to 14-16 fps, but the full 24 fps, so if you took them out of the little cassettes, it would play rather nice on your home projector. I had made a whole 200ft reel of the titles. I can't remember all of them, but I had

Star Trek (original series)
Scooby Doo
King Kong (1976, death of Kong)
Bad News Bears
Emergency (70's TV show)

Can't remember the others off hand.

For that kind of a toy, it was rather compact, and except for the enormous use of batteries, it was awesome!

--------------------

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2008 12:31 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had one with a Superman cartoon (early Flescher). I think it was the volcano one.

You can actually still find these at some novelty shops today. I found mine at a comic book store last year. There was one with clips from the movie "Dirty Dancing", to my surprise.

James.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC