8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Metropolis super8 5x400 for sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Metropolis super8 5x400 for sale
Edouard Dubertret
Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2008 08:07 AM      Profile for Edouard Dubertret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everybody,

Here for sale a super 8 rarity:
feature of metropolis in 5x400ft B&W silent in great condition.

It's not the standard 8 on 8x200ft but the super8 feature!
I can send photos if you ask for it.

e-mail : edouarddubertet (at) hotmail (dot) com

Edouard

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 30, 2008 08:28 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Edouard, Sounds nice, hope it sells well, a nice item.
Best Mark.

[ September 30, 2008, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Mark Todd ]

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2008 09:01 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Edouard,

An e-mail waiting for you.

Kindest regards,

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 30, 2008 09:58 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edouard,

It's probably already sold, but I was just curious, is this the Niles release of it or another company?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Edouard Dubertret
Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2008 01:19 PM      Profile for Edouard Dubertret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

The film is a french print edited by UFA I think because I can read on the credit, "presented by UFA"
Is your curiosity satisfied?

Edouard

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 01, 2008 02:47 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, most definitely, as it's not Niles. How did you find the print to be? I know the Niles print was from a very worn negative and in most cases, the picture even seemed washed out, (I did see one Niles printing of this years ago). Thank Goodness it didn't have sound, as they would have screwed that up as well!

Interestingly, Niles did use UFA negatives to do they're own releases at times. I know that they're release of

"Popeye V. Ali Baba and his Forty Thieves"

... was made from a UFA negative.

This Metropolis has had such a cut up history, that it's been very hard to restore the film. KINO video released a VERY
good restoration of the film, and recently it has been reported that even more missing footage has been found. I have even heard through the grapevine that Criterion may be involved with putting out the "ultimate" restoration of Metropolis.

But the strange thing is, I still prefer the old Super 8 copies! I have an ancient 5X200ft standard 8mm version of "The Lost World" on Geavert film stock, (as a general rule, that's going WAY back) , and though the negative used was FAR from pristine, I still prefer it to my somewhat restored Laserdisc release of it.

Did that Metropolis in fact sell? If not, please send me a e-mail.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Edouard Dubertret
Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2008 09:03 AM      Profile for Edouard Dubertret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi,

The film is still available.
I send you an e-mail [Smile]

Edouard

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC