8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Thunderball S8 Optical Sound Feature For Sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thunderball S8 Optical Sound Feature For Sale
Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2009 11:42 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just listed my last optical sound feature print of "Thunderball" on e-bay. This is painful to do but I need the money.

Thank's!

--Tom

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 25, 2009 10:18 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, create a link for it, and you'll probably get more hits or bids on it from folks on the forum.

All the best Tom!

OSI

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 25, 2009 11:04 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, is this the slightly abridged airline print on regular Eastman stock?

Here is a link to Tom's auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/THUNDERBALL-UA-1965-S8-OPTICAL-SOUND-FEATURE-FILM_W0QQitemZ320344593528QQihZ011QQcategoryZ63821QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2009 12:13 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dan:

Yes it is.

Many thank's for the link. I hate to part with this print since it's very nice. But I found a low fade print of "Dog Day Afternoon" on Agfa in 16mm.

Best, Tom

P.S. This has a very fair and low reserve.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 25, 2009 04:19 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ATTICA ATTICA ATTICA!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Lars Pettersson
Master Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2009 04:46 AM      Profile for Lars Pettersson   Email Lars Pettersson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone seen both this version and the Derann import scope version (I have that one) and could make a comparison? Which would be preferrable?

Cheers
Lars

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2009 07:31 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, is the print of Dog Day Afternoon the TV print on eBay? Looks good.

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2009 01:25 AM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank's Osi for posting! I did not mean to overlook you! Hope that your wife and new baby are doing good. It was nice of Dan to put up the link. Thank's!

Lars: I had both the optical airline print and the Derann print with the magnetic soundtrack in scope. Picture wise this optical print has better picture quality since it was studio authorized from studio pre-print. The German print is a reduction print from a 35mm positive print. That one is a print down from a positive print. This one is not technically a reduction. I bought this print from Ray Courts and it was brand new on a film core. I transferred it using a record player platter to wind onto projection reels. I bought this print to study the way Peter Hunt assembled the film. It's slightly abridged for airline inflight use to about two hours.

Stuart: Yes the print of "Dog Day Afternoon" is a TV print on Agfa. The one on e-bay. I saw one of these prints before and my friend Ray Faiola bought it. It's impossible to find this title as far as the theatrical version. If you do it's on a non low fade stock. So I thought I would go for this Pacino print. I have Thunderball in 16mm IB Tech scope now so I don't need this Super Eight airline print anymore. The Thunderball print is a good deal for the money. I had to part with something as painful as it is. Darn Economy!

Best, Tom

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2009 07:28 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, to my shame I'm 39 years old and only saw Dog Day Afternoon for the first time last week - on an Transatlantic flight no less! Can't believe I'd missed out on such a classic movie for so long. What a pity low-fade theatrical prints are so hard to find, i'd love to run it as a double bill with my scope print of The Taking Of Pelham 1-2-3.

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2009 08:31 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stuart,

Phil Seard (Classic Home Cinema) had a print on his list last month. Check with him if it is still available and which version/stock it is.
It's a marvelous film! (I'll invite myself for that double bill!)

- Rob

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2009 12:47 AM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Stuart:

Yes, it is a great film. I am happy that you just recently discovered it. It's my favorite of the films Al Pacino made. Yes, that sounds like a great double bill!!!

Best, Tom

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC