8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Cinemaster GAF cartriges

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cinemaster GAF cartriges
Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2009 10:34 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everybody,i have an extra hobby founded,in the early 80's
i get a movieviewer for childeren and that was for me the beginning of the super8 hobby.
And now i will sell all cartriges of that movieviewer.
Who can help me with this extra hobby.
It is really from my youth and it is super8,i have a link of it so then you know what i mean!

http://www.speurders.nl/overzicht/gezocht-gaf-cinemaster-filmcassettes-48461366.html?q=cinemaster

Thank you all people for looking [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

|  IP: Logged

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2009 01:26 PM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I had something similar as a child, but mine looked more like this: http://www.thisoldtoy.com/new-images/images-ok/400-499/fp460-whiteviewer-LB-B.jpg but in blue. I remember having a Pluto cartoon, Bone Trouble. I must have watched that cartoon a thousand times!

Paul Tivy
Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2009 01:47 PM      Profile for Paul Tivy   Email Paul Tivy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had that too Stuart - the Walt Disney Movie Viewer to be precise. Here's one currently on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WALT-DISNEY-MOVIE-VIEWER-WITH-MICKEYS-TRAILER_W0QQitemZ190309323895QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Toys_VintageToys_RL?hash=item2c4f51d477&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparm s=72%3A2109%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

I had Lonesome Ghosts among others and played it to death until the film came off the spool inside the cassette. A common problem and not easily fixable as I recall!

Best wishes,

Tiv

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2009 04:26 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh i see,but was it an projector with battery,or must you play the movie by hand?
But it is interresting for me [Big Grin]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 26, 2009 05:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The player I admired, (and originally had) was the "PocketFlix" brand Super 8 viewer, made by Ideal toys.

The reason why is ALL the others took lots of frames out so that the viewer ran at approx. 12 frames per second, but the image was somewhat choppy.

The PocketFlix films were at the full 24 fps, and if you wanted to, you could take out the film, put it on a reel, (there was approximately one minute of footage in the cartridges), they could watch these little films at 18 or more fps and it would look great!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2009 05:24 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's nice to hear Osi and i have seen it on google thanks.
Do you know which cassettes i want?I think everyone on the world knows the Viewmaster,the Cinemaster was his brother and for me a succes i love it so much! [Wink]
I have a new one found on ebay,with a cassette from Pinocchio and Peter Pan,it is for me very sentimental.
I lost my one as child and i was at that time very sad about it.
That's why i look especially for this one,but it's nice to see that everyone has experience with difficult children viewers. [Smile]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC