8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Looking For, Once Upon Time in the West (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Looking For, Once Upon Time in the West
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted July 09, 2009 10:07 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I am looking out for a nice chap in Italy the full feature of this western, Once Upon a Time in the West in nice condition and good colour please.
If you have a print to sell be very nice, please contact me.
Best wishes Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 09, 2009 10:33 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your new title is the six million dollar man? Nope, it's the "Pound Man!" I like that!

Wasn't "Once upon a Time in the WEst" (brilliant western, by the way), released as a full length scope release?

I know that Marketing films came out with a 3X400ft edition, as well as the full feature, but I think that there's were full frame or adapted scope, but an actual scope super 8 feature exists. I think it was a german release.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2009 10:50 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never printed in Italy an official 'scope release of this masterpiece!

There exists only a 'pirate' copy, flat and completely faded to red...

Instead it's very hard to find a marvellous 16mm scope print (polyester and lpp) of this movie printed by Sampaolofilm in Italy for the rental market only...

Flavio

[ July 09, 2009, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Flavio Stabile ]

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2009 07:54 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark, how are you?
Flavio has unfortunately reported the terrible truth about this Italian print (I think a lot of us would sell a finger - not the whole hand! - to have it).

The source used was a 35 mm already faded (probably a copy released in 1968). The 'pirate' version on 8 mm (using this source) was printed more or less 10/12 years later. AND ON EASTMAN. Can you imagine the result? Faded source on fading stock [Mad] . I own a copy in this terrible condition just beacause I love the movie (and the soundtrack. Oh boy, and Claudia Cardinale is simply beautiful). But I hope to find a good one, one day.

And yes, Osi, I know for sure a German edition in SCOPE of the full feature was issued. But it's quite hard to find it. As rare as the Marketing 3*400 and the Italian 16 mm editions are.

Just knock on my door if you find out this German version or any information about it! Ciao.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2009 02:35 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think all german S8 release of the last years are still available (as brand new prints), also OUATITW.
It´s only very difficult to find a used print.
I have a 35mm Technicolor print for sale (english with danish subtitles) but unfortunately the last 15 minutes are missing.

[ July 16, 2009, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Oemer Yalinkilic ]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 16, 2009 02:54 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Marketing three parter is rare? I've seen it a few times at conventions this year alone.
Wasn't OUATITW released full length (cropped) by Marketing International (along with Grease, king Kong 76 and Emmanuelle 2)?

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2009 05:08 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think all german S8 release of the last years are still available (as brand new prints), also OUATITW.

Oemer,
where do you think I could find a brand new copy of this movie? I would buy it immediately!

--------------------

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2009 02:43 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I asked few minutes ago and Once Upon a Time in the West is actually available.
They told me it cost about 1250 Euro, but I let you know the exact price, because I know a guy he get sometimes a better price.
You can buy it from me without to pay a middleman.
Let me know your email address.
regards
Oemer
obiwan5467@aol.com

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2009 05:06 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Oemer, this is my mail:

gloncri (at) hotmail (dot) it

Will you please let me know if it is definitively the scope version, kind of stock used and number of reels?
I wait for some news.
Regards.

--------------------

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2009 05:24 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could be interesting to know if it is an Umkerhkopie or an original print...

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2009 05:28 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Flavio.
Yes, of course I'd like also to have an idea about this detail.

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2009 06:33 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I appreciate that this post will be useless to our overseas members, but for anyone of interest - check out the link below -

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php

Apart from the info on OUATITW it is a damn good website to view.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2009 07:00 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is indeed, Keith. I took a look. Very intersting.

--------------------

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2009 02:24 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The print for 1250 euro is for a brand new print in scope (not Umkehrkopie, it is made from a negativ).
This price was told me from a dealer in germany. He told me the Film laboratory increase the price up to 200 Euro.
Maybe the old price was about 1000 Euro.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 18, 2009 09:13 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith!!

What a great link! I was flabberghasted as well as overjoyed that we'll soon see a new bit O film the John Wayne, in an unreleased, (or rarely seen) film, and I am overjoyed to hear that the Duke actually made a SCI-FI WESTERN!!

COOLSVILLE!

Thanks Big Bro!

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 18, 2009 10:27 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Once Upon a Time in the West" was released by Marketing as a 400' digest, a three parter and a full feature.

-

Oemer,

Great work finding that print!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2009 10:36 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't believe!!! Now the hunt is open... [Smile]

However the mentioned cost is absolutely out of my budget...

But.. is the marketing full feature release in scope?

Flavio

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 18, 2009 11:09 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flavio,

I don't recall Marketing releasing any features in scope. It might be letterboxed.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2009 11:23 AM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

OUTITW was not a scope release by marketing and not a letterboxe.
Overmore, the colors are faded. Unfortunately.

JC.

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2009 11:52 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well... the hunt is already closed...

If flat I'm not intested in it...

Anyway my dream remains the 16mm Italian copy from Sampaolo film.

I found it about a year ago, but I renounced to it because the final love scene, with Charles Bronson and Claudia Cardinale, had been removed by some Sampaolo agency itself for censorship reasons (it seemes ridicolous but it is true!). It's very hard to find a copy integral but I know it exists.

[ July 18, 2009, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Flavio Stabile ]

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2009 12:32 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys, my english not very well, but is it so bad?
The print I´m talking about is a brand new, lab mint, unused Scope print. One of the recent german releases and not a old marketing print.
This print I´m talking about is not struck yet, I heard that someone in France has ordered one print and because the Lab strucks always two prints together, so it is possible to get in few weeks a print for Gian too.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 18, 2009 01:54 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Meanwhile ... Gian drools ...

... right into his projector and causes it to blow up! Hahaha!

Just kidding Gian! [Smile] [Smile] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2009 04:22 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So far I have found only the boxes... [Big Grin]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390017706963

Flavio

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2009 07:54 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

And now? What can I look for????
Osi, I will invite you here for a Sunday Night Screening!

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 18, 2009 08:12 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, who knows Gian!

If my script sells down there in Hollywood, (yep! I have a bonifide movie star reading one of my scripts, even as we write!
and he's a famous dude I idolized in the 70's. (Send me an e-mail if you'd like to know who!), then I might just be able to make a trip over there! [Big Grin]

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC