8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Cameron's TITANIC for sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cameron's TITANIC for sale
Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 04:49 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If interested:

Titanic on Ebay

Unfortunately the seller doesn't ship the item...

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

|  IP: Logged

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 06:02 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im always slightly dubious about seeing an expensive film presented in odd tatty boxes. If I had purchased that film from new, or purchased a very good secondhand copy, I would at least put it in nice boxes with printed artwork on it. And all the boxes look the same style.

Seeing it like this gives the impresion of a film not cared for so I wouldnt want to spend too much unless I knew more about the seller! Just my thoughts.

Graham S

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 06:13 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, I know collectors who had movies from CHC delivered in a plastic bag, without any box. That's the way I had my ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST print.

About this copy of TITANIC well, the seller has probably nothing better to supply it [Wink] .

I'm just a little confused about the number of reels: 8*600ft and 1*400...
The movie is supplied by CHC on 10*600ft.

But, giving to potential buyers the possibility to 'see' the movie when picking it up, there would always be the chance to say NO, THANKS [Big Grin] .
Ciao.

--------------------

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 06:25 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian, You're probably right about the boxes. I know Derann supply new 'white' cardboard boxes of most sizes in packs of 10, but for some reason they wont ship these outside the UK. So I admit it is difficult getting new boxes in other countries as there are few manufacturers and sellers today.

As for the length, mabye its not complete [Confused]

Graham S

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 06:30 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should go over my print; but if I well remember, reel # 1 is the only not full one, whereas all the others are pratically filled to the edge.

He probably edited all movie in a different way (why?), but a reel is missing anyway.
Could it this be the reason for such a low price? I'd try to translate the auction details.
All mistery is in this sentence:
quote:
Film war mal auf großen Spulen...und als er gekauft wurde auf 10 Spulen..jetzt ist er auf 9....fehlt aber nichts!!!!!

Any help from our German friends?

--------------------

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 06:37 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to my rusty German, the seller is saying the print is complete. It was on 10 reels when bought, was at some point on large reels and is now back down on smaller reels. He says 'nothing is missing.'

Slight lines from time to time along the side, not anything terrible. Good color. Scope. German language.

Time to check for discounted air fares to Germany while you bid... [Big Grin]

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 06:39 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just finished to use a web translator and ready to report.
Thanks Claus, you were faster than me!

Well... For collectors who are in a position to meet personally the seller and pick up the movie, the print seems to be complete [Big Grin] !

--------------------

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 07:53 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't ship??????? WTF is up with that!!! I don't think I'll be getting over to Germany anytime soon.

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2010 04:11 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many sellers must choose the option "only local pic up" because ebay don´t allow higher shipping rates as for dvd´s in this category and unfortunately shipping s S8 print is more expensive.

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2010 01:40 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know all the details, but I have seen several sellers getting around the EBay shipping quote restrictions by putting up-front in their auctions that the number quoted for shipping is wrong, and that actual shipping is 'so and so.'

Maybe it being overseas, there are other restrictions.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted January 10, 2010 01:46 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's strange. I've come across a few collectors here in the UK who sell on Ebay but will only allow local pick-up. They are mainly older collectors who just don't want the "hassle of packing the print(s) and then going all the way to the post-office with the heavy parcel to post it"!!

...and, they wonder why they don't sell their prints!
[Wink]

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2010 02:38 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If there aren't the original-act-cuts, the print should be complete. I have it on 2 supaspools and on 2 "normal" 1200ft.
So it would be possible to use 9x 600ft.

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2010 02:01 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Defintely sold at a very good price.

--------------------

Chris Batt
Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2010 09:40 AM      Profile for Chris Batt   Email Chris Batt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would love (drool) to see Titanic in that format, never even considered it to be available on 8mm, but to be honest the work involved in playing it, re-spooling it etc seems time consuming, I have enough work with my SP 8mm king kong feature, and only having one projector is hard work, but worth it I guess [Smile]

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2010 09:58 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, just remember "from little acorns big oak trees grow". [Wink]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC