8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » For Sale: Universal horrors 400 ft digests + added footage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For Sale: Universal horrors 400 ft digests + added footage
Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2010 01:43 PM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a list of some of the Universal 8 400 ft digests, most have added footage from the 200 ft castle counterpart and then re-recorded from laserdiscs. There was creative re-mixing when re-recording, so they are in many ways better than the original U8 sound mix. For example, in the MUMMY digest after the mummy goes for a little walk..the young madman's laughter echoes and fades into the next scene which is from the 200 ft version. Also,the Burial scene music and Karloff narration is different and FAR better than the U8 mix. Both NOT ON THE ORIGINAL U8 400 release. In DRACULA, I've added a line from Lugosi to Frye which was left out of the 400 ft digest. I also added the exit music which was in the feature but also omitted from the U8 sound mix. Most if not ALL of these that I re-recorded are better than the U8 releases( can it be cause I am a "monster kid"?)
These are the most complete versions you'll find on super 8 and with the best sound. All on black and white stock and excellent/beautiful condition.These were my treasures so they were well taken care of. If interested give me best offer at monstoys@aol.com
ALL 400 ft versions or with added footage
THE RAVEN 35' $75.00
THE MUMMY'S TOMB added footage from 200 $95.00 with orig box
THE MUMMY'S GHOST added footage from 200 $95.00 with orig box
THE MUMMY added footage from 200 $105.00 with orig box
SON OF FRANKENSTEIN added footage from 200 $105.00 with orig box
THE INVISIBLE MAN $75.00 with orig box
THE WOLF MAN $75.00 with box and art from castle release
DRACULA $95.00 with orig box
I shall be added to my sales lists as I locate films. All these films I have listed here will go on ebay this weekend. So, if interested please contact asap.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 12, 2010 02:28 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, by chance have you a U-8 400' of MEET THE MUMMY - Need this for show ASAP - Shorty

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2010 09:09 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

I have tried to find a decent 400 ft version of Mummy's Tomb to no avail...the last one I got the end music was simply cut off...it was terrible..made the whole viewing seem wasted. I tried buying the Castle one reeler...but that ending is somewhat different..and didn't seem to blend with the other one. Also the quality of the one reeler was FAR superior to the longer version. I'd be interested in your version if the end music and all is intact...and the quality differences between the two version are not too glaring. How is the ending? Does it end well...? thanks.
gary crawford
I believe you have my email address..thanks ..still love that Dracula artwork you did...and enjoy the great sound remix on Star Wars..which you also did.

Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2010 08:18 AM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gary,
I'll check out the quality of the mummy's tomb later today(tonight)...

Thanks so much for the kind words on Dracula painting, one of my favorite monster pieces I've done.
yrs, Rob

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC