8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Tarzan

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tarzan
Brian James
Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2010 12:08 PM      Profile for Brian James     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,
I am looking for Tarzan films with Johnny Weissmuller
on super 8 sound.
regards,
Brian

|  IP: Logged

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2010 04:11 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I know, only TARZAN AND THE AMAZONS was released in super 8 by Jeff, in America. I don't know if there were any other prints from Italy or Holland.

Brian James
Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2010 04:41 AM      Profile for Brian James     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Panayotis thanks for that. I know they are out there somewhere!
Just have to keep on searching.

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2010 09:38 PM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In spain the company "ARIES FILMS" released all the weissmuller films of tarzan from rko but not the metro era,the metro godwin mayer era exists in spain nly in 16mm,i have on super 8 tarzan and the mermaids,tarzan triumphs,tarzan new york adventure,tarzan and the she-devil,tarzan and the amazone woman and in 16mm tarzan the ape man,tarzan find his son,and al teh colour tarzan series with gordon scott
Note: the films i mention on my collection are for reference only,not for sale for the moment [Wink]

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

Brian James
Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2010 09:43 AM      Profile for Brian James     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jose you have a good selection there. I'm green with envy!!
One day......

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2010 03:33 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since Jose mentioned TARZAN AND THE SHE-DEVIL, which is a Lex Barker, I can mention also TARZAN'S SAVAGE FURY,available in Italy from I.E. International,(LA FURIA DI TARZAN),dubbed and condensed to about 50 minutes (3x400).

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2010 02:54 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just remembered that Real Films of Holland released TARZAN TRIUMPHS in a condensed (47 minutes) subtitled version.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 04, 2013 02:04 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jose somehow mixed up the MGM and RKO titles available in super 8 mm(Tarzan's New York Adventure is a MGM)so,perhaps others are also available. To my great and most happy surprise,I recently acquired in super 8, TARZAN AND THE LOST SAFARI and TARZAN'S GREATEST ADVENTURE,both full length by Aries.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC