8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Films for sale! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Films for sale!
Joseph Morrison
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2010 07:14 AM      Profile for Joseph Morrison   Email Joseph Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey gang, here's a list I've prepared...been checking some out, which are reflected by priced ones...feel free to ask questions!

SUPER 8 SOUND FEATURES

HAROLD DIDDLEBOCK six 400’ reels in white boxes SOLD

HALLELUJAH I’M A BUM five 400’ reels in Hollywood Film Exchange box

OUR CONGRESSMAN two 400’ reels in Blackhawk box, Will Rogers $25

AS YOU LIKE IT five 400’ reels in Blackhawk box

ANGEL ON MY SHOULDER five 400’ reels in separate Thunderbird boxes

CATHERINE THE GREAT five 400’ reels in Blackhawk box

BABOONA three 400’ reels in Blackhawk box

ALGIERS five 400’ reels in separate white boxes

SILENT ENEMY beautiful 1929 silent classic of north Indian life, five 400’ reels in Blackhawk box $75

WHENS YOUR BIRTHDAY Joe E. Brown, four 400’ reels in reused Niles box

TO’ABLE DAVID on three Bonum reels in cases

PECKS BAD BOY on two Bonum reels in cases

RIDERS OF THE PURPLE SAGE 3 reels in a Blackhawk box SOLD

CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI two reels in a Bonum cases SOLD

NOMADS OF THE NORTH Lon Chaney as a Mountie! two reels in Bonum cases, last 400’ reel in a white box $60

SHADOWS 1922 Lon Chaney classic! two reels in a Blackhawk box, last reel on a Bonum reel in case $50

WILD AND WOOLY great Fairbanks romp, three 400’ reels in Blackhawk box $40

TILL THE CLOUDS ROLL BY star studded cast, bio of Jerome kern six reels in a Blackhawk box, color is a bit contrasty, but still looks good! $50

ALL IN A NIGHT’S WORK Dean Martin, Shirly Maclaine, color faded but not bad,
Four reels in a Blackhawk box $40

BIRTH OF A NATION six reels, Blackhawk, in a plain shipping box $75

STANDARD 8 SOUND FEATURES

MOTHER AND THE LAW four reels in Blackhawk box $40

FLYING DEUCES four reels in Niles box $40

THE EXTRA GIRL two Bonum reels in cases $30

DRACULA/NOSFERATU Niles print two Bonum reels in cases $40

CAT AND THE CANARY Niles print, a bit dark and dupey, three Bonum reels in cases $25

INTOLERANCE four Bonum reels in cases $50 SOLD

[ November 10, 2010, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Joseph Morrison ]

|  IP: Logged

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2010 11:13 AM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm curious about RIDERS OF THE PURPLE SAGE 3 reels in a Blackhawk box. Which version is it? IMDB show it that title 3 times. 1918 - 1925 - 1931 Also asking price?

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Dan Mollise
Junior

- posted October 19, 2010 12:05 PM      Profile for Dan Mollise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
price on harold diddlebock? and condition?

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 19, 2010 02:07 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Baboona is actually a very entertaining film. I have print of this one. Sharp focus and very good sound. Mine isn't for sale.

There is no better seller than Joseph. [Cool]

Joseph Morrison
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2010 03:10 PM      Profile for Joseph Morrison   Email Joseph Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Wayne! I just watched a bit of RIDERS and it is the 1925 version starring Tom Mix. Reminded me that I was hoping to watch the whole thing some evening...as a way to balance some of the William S. Hart stuff I have...Anyways, I'd like $40 for it, seems in nice shape.

Hey Dan M! I also watched a bit of the first reel of THE SIN OF HAROLD DIDDLEBOCK, and I had forgotten this was a Preston Sturges film. Cool, although he and Harold Lloyd together strikes me as odd...I didn't get past all the scenes in the beginning stolen from THE FRESHMAN, but what I watched looked great. I really studied the leader, and could find no indicator of who issued the print. I'm thinking $50 for this one....

And finally, Dan Lail! Yeah, a couple of years back I read Osa Johnson's book I Married Adventure and had always hoped to see some of the films. I never expected to find on on Super 8. Ain't that the fun part of collecting? I was kind of dreading later Martin and Osa stuff, but you've got me excited to check it out. Thanks for the kind words dude!

Joseph

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2010 04:51 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe - I'm interested in Cabinet of Dr. Caligari if the print's OK. Let me know what your price would be. Thanks.

Zachary Reader
Junior

- posted October 21, 2010 04:31 PM      Profile for Zachary Reader   Email Zachary Reader   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm interested in Nosferatu, is it in good condition?

Joseph Morrison
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2010 05:38 PM      Profile for Joseph Morrison   Email Joseph Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Brian,

Well, I cued up CALIGARI, it was a VERY full Bonum 600' reel, and it turned that the collector had used all kinds of stock to create a long sound intro to the film...I believe he probably read from a book and played some music to introduce the film. It was long, like maybe 10 minutes! Crazy. Over black leader, lots of countdowns and tails spliced together...it ran just fine except for one short section that lacked a balance stripe...the projector didn't like that.
Finally the film started, turns out to be a Niles release, film itself in fine shape, but image a bit dupey and whites were washed out. But not terrible, if you don't own it it would be a fine copy to have, but certainly not an upgrade. I think the soundtrack was probably on the print from Niles. If you wanna try it, I'd sell it for a low price of like $30 with shipping extra! Thanks for asking.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted October 21, 2010 06:05 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe

I Dr Caligari on a 600' reel OR 2 400' As stated in your listing.I would like to buy it.

Kurt Gardner
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2010 07:19 PM      Profile for Kurt Gardner   Author's Homepage   Email Kurt Gardner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are you asking for "Baboona"?

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2010 07:37 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe - Pasquale is welcome to the print... I am looking for an upgrade print from what I have now... and I think all the Niles releases of Caligari are pretty washed out. But thanks!

Joseph Morrison
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2010 08:37 PM      Profile for Joseph Morrison   Email Joseph Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey folks!

Brian...thanks for thinking about it, and Pasquale, looks like the print is yours! I'll email you and continue the deal that way if that's okay...

Zach, NOSFERATU looked pretty good. It was a bit hard to tell on my old Kodak, the only projector I have that shows standard 8 and sound, but I think it is a decent print. Didn't look washed out or anything. You can always return it if it doesn't meet expectations!

Kurt...$40 seems to be a price point that most folks are comfortable with, and I'm happy getting that. I'd like to check out a bit of the first reel...maybe I'll get suckered into watching the whole thing....but yeah, $40 and its yours, with a bit extra for shipping. Lemme know if yer still interested...

Thanks gang!

Zachary Reader
Junior

- posted October 22, 2010 03:58 AM      Profile for Zachary Reader   Email Zachary Reader   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe,
Nosferatu sounds like its in nice condition, unfortunately I don't have enough money at the moment. Hopefully I'll have enough in two weeks, that is if its not sold by then. [Frown]

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted October 22, 2010 06:46 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe

Thats fine. pat007@fullchannel.net is my email. Or just send me an invoice via paypal. Thx Brian.

Thx

Alex Fox
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2010 12:34 PM      Profile for Alex Fox   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Fox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi., Joseph,Could be interested in HALLELUJAH I'M A BUM, would you let me know what condition the film is in and does it have it's original leader and tails also the price,Thank you Alex.

Zachary Reader
Junior

- posted October 23, 2010 04:43 PM      Profile for Zachary Reader   Email Zachary Reader   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe,

I forgot to ask, is that the full film of Nosferatu? Or is it an abridged version? If it's the full movie I'll definitely buy it.

Zach

Joseph Morrison
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2010 11:12 AM      Profile for Joseph Morrison   Email Joseph Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Zach, how would I know if its abridged or not? Best I can tell you is that its on two full 600' reels. Whaddya think?

Alex, I'll start checking on ....I'M A BUM....

Joseph Morrison
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2010 05:38 PM      Profile for Joseph Morrison   Email Joseph Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alex, great print on ....I'M A BUM. Sent you an email off-forum...

Guy Tessier
Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2010 05:50 PM      Profile for Guy Tessier   Author's Homepage   Email Guy Tessier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Joseph - condition and price please on Algiers and Tol'able David?

Zachary Reader
Junior

- posted October 27, 2010 12:24 AM      Profile for Zachary Reader   Email Zachary Reader   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Joe, it sounds like the complete movie, I just cant afford it right now. Thanks anyway.

Zach

Joseph Morrison
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2010 03:57 PM      Profile for Joseph Morrison   Email Joseph Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Guy, I'll get on it and start checking the films tomorrow! Thanks for asking.

Anne Marie Stevens
Junior

- posted November 08, 2010 12:43 PM      Profile for Anne Marie Stevens   Email Anne Marie Stevens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joseph,

Do you still have Nosferatu available. If so I would love to purchase it.

Andreas Benz
Junior

- posted November 08, 2010 05:17 PM      Profile for Andreas Benz   Email Andreas Benz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joseph,
I'm interested in SILENT ENEMY, NOMADS OF THE NORTH and SHADOWS. Please let me know if these are still available.
Thanks!

Joseph Morrison
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2010 08:07 PM      Profile for Joseph Morrison   Email Joseph Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well hot dang, I gotta check the board more often! I used to get emails when people responded...hmmm....

Anne, I sure do have NOSFERATU still! Its yours if you want it.

Andreas, I just pulled NOMADS tonight to check it out! Hahaha. So yes, it and SILENT ENEMY are still available, but SHADOWS is sold. Let me know!

Andreas Benz
Junior

- posted November 11, 2010 05:37 PM      Profile for Andreas Benz   Email Andreas Benz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joseph,
I can't send you any email, there's always a message that sending an email message is blocked either by the user or the administrator. Could you try to send an email to me? Thanks!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC