8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: Great Scene Series "Airport: The Explosion"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Great Scene Series "Airport: The Explosion"
Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 26, 2011 09:25 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Universal 8 Films 100 footer. Thanks!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2011 11:45 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I search it too !!!!!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 06, 2011 10:46 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still looking!

Doug

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 07, 2011 07:21 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug, my curiosity..... is there any significant difference on editing between Great Scene series and it 400' version?

I once read that Great Scene is part of 400' version.

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 07, 2011 02:05 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

These 100 footers were Universal 8's version of the earlier Castle 50' "Headline" editions. While those did not have any footage that couldn't be found in their big brothers, many of the Headlines were edited differently to tell a story in three minutes. The Great Scene Series are made up of a single sequence without any change in the edit, except in the case of Earthquake which jumps to the climax after LA has been reduced to rubble.

Earthquake:
The Destruction of Los Angeles (Running time 4:33)

Jesus Christ Superstar:
The Title Production Number (4:41)

The Great Waldo Pepper:
The Dog Fight (4:53)

Airport:
The Explosion (4:47)

Frenzy:
The Rape (4:37)

Psycho:
The Complete Shower Murder (4:42)

The Bride of Frankenstein:
The Creation (4:41)

The Naughty Nineties (Abbott & Costello):
Who's on First? (4:47)

I need both Airport and Jesus Christ Superstar .

Universal lists the 100' Who's on First? in their catalogs as part of the series but it doesn't state that on the cover of the film. They also (finally) released the entire routine on a 200' reel, running 6:34. U-8 (and Castle) never released a digest of The Naughty Nineties.

Doug

--------------------

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 08, 2011 06:32 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have "The Rape from Frenzy"...and you can cut the completly Scene in the 400 Feet Digest...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC