8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » wanted e.t by spielberg with colour ok

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wanted e.t by spielberg with colour ok
Giuseppe Anaclerio
Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2011 05:19 AM      Profile for Giuseppe Anaclerio   Email Giuseppe Anaclerio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
are someone want to sell this film on super8 magnetic? [Eek!]

|  IP: Logged

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2011 09:58 AM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The line forms to the rear. [Big Grin]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 26, 2011 11:07 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Gian, member of this forum from Italy, has two copies. He has put the screen shot of his two copies here.

Contact him, he may sell it.

--------------------
Winbert

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2011 11:55 AM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like I said, the line forms to the rear. [Big Grin] [Wink]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted February 26, 2011 12:59 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Beware, unless there was 2 different bootlegs of ET, the one I saw was awful. Terribly dark, picture bouncy, blurry, etc. Maybe someone here knows if there were 2 different versions.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 26, 2011 01:12 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me, is this the line for.....? [Big Grin]

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2011 02:34 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are a couple of different versions... I've seen screen shots of both, and yes, one is bad quality, and the other one was nearly perfect. I believe Gian has both.

And, uh....... yes, this is the line.... and.....

it forms to the rear. [Razz]

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2011 03:34 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the good one comes from Germany from a 35mm print. The bouncy one is from a 16mm from USA and apparently there is another that came from Italy.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted February 26, 2011 04:40 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. I've always been curious as to why anyone would want to collect the "bad quality" dupes of ET. VHS on a cheap office supply store projector would have produced a better image.

Giuseppe Anaclerio
Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2011 04:00 PM      Profile for Giuseppe Anaclerio   Email Giuseppe Anaclerio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
excuse me but i dont understand the question. i actually have an italian version that is in good quality but colour are faded to red.and i search for a better

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 28, 2011 01:19 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And, uh....... yes, this is the line.... and.....

it forms to the rear. [Razz]

I don't know that so many people are looking for ET in good quality print, because back 3 years ago I received many email from Fred Wilders offering this ET for $360 and no takers.

In fact the same offer was finally put by our members here:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002468#000000

quote:
"E.T. - THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL" (1982) THE SPIELBERG MASTERPIECE. L. MALTIN SAYS DEBRA WINGER CONTRIBUTED TO E.T.'S VOICE! YIKES! . . . PHONE HOME! VERY RARE PRINT!!! $360.00 FIRM. V.G. COND.
Wooow knowing so many people looking for the good print, that price seems to be OK !

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 28, 2011 07:53 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! The print was sold to Kevin F. I know because I was the liason between him and Fred since Fred couldn't take paypal. I remember Kevin saying the print was very good!

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2011 08:00 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only person who HATES ET? I remembering thinking it was unbearable sitting through it in the theater when it came out, and I can't imagine sitting through it ever again. Am I missing something?! I thought ET looked ridiculous and the kids are really annoying throughout the entire movie. Sorry, I really hate to put something down that others are passionate about - but there you go!

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2011 01:39 AM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! My oldest son had gotten ET for Christmas and we went to see it again. At the end he started crying out loud. It must have really touched a lot of people. I thought the kids were terrific and I'm glad Spielberg made it back then instead of now. It would just be a CGI thing like that Paul movie coming out.

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2011 07:50 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Brian, I hate the movie. I love "The Goonies" though... and "The Monster Squad". Now they would be worth getting decent prints of! [Big Grin]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 01, 2011 08:53 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way off topic, but I remember going to see a double feature at the St. Marks cinema of ET and the 1982 The Thing. I'm sure the programmer thought it clever to present two very different views of extraterrestrials, but the little tykes in attendance were traumatized by Carpenter's remake!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2011 10:52 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi fellas.
Larry is right.
Three issues for E.T. are available. I actually have a German print of that, Giuseppe. I've never had the Italian bootleg and I've also had the American print that was mentioned. Both the ones I know about are not Derann quality, of course, but they are good enough to be happy with.
Larry is also definitely right about the sources.

Here's the link to see the screen shots Winbert refers to:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=00 3485;p=52#001286 (American print - fair but rare)

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003485;p= 75 (German print - definitely better than the American one)

BTW, it is still possible to place orders for a print of that at CHC.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2011 09:43 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
....from Doug below...

Way off topic, but I remember going to see a double feature at the St. Marks cinema of ET and the 1982 The Thing. I'm sure the programmer thought it clever to present two very different views of extraterrestrials, but the little tykes in attendance were traumatized by Carpenter's remake!

Doug, they ran a PG and R as a double bill???

Giuseppe Anaclerio
Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2011 01:07 PM      Profile for Giuseppe Anaclerio   Email Giuseppe Anaclerio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok gianluca do you want to sell your old copy of et? my copy is completely red

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC